Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So this parcel arrived yesterday...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

very nice - you have me quite interested in picking up a PC Engine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ondafly is right, I came away from that video with only one thing on my mind - want! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Cheers all. :)

Honestly, I still can't get over how squeaky clean the console is and the mod job is absolutely flawless.

I've an Arcade Duo card arriving any time now so that will give the console an even bigger boost meaning it can play the Arcade CD titles and the Hu Card and Super CD ROM stuff that benefits from the extra goodness that card brings.

Core Grafx I, II and PC Engine users can use an Arcade Pro card (the Duo card is not for those machines). That way everyone is happy! :)

The downside is I won't be able to use it much (if at all) over the next two weeks because of 'You Know What'. :pac:

Master of the Universe

You're allowed bring it on the honeymoon though, right?

o1s1n wrote: »
    You're allowed bring it on the honeymoon though, right?

Yeah, if I want to wake up in the hotel in the morning to find my then-wife packed and gone and the first sniff of mustard gas billowing in to the room through the AC vent. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Right after watching that im decided im getting one. Next bit of money I get into my paypal is going on one of them

Right after watching that im decided im getting one. Next bit of money I get into my paypal is going on one of them

Just remember though the 'doujindance' ones appear on eBay one moment and disappear seconds later so have an itchy trigger finger ready to click 'Buy It Now!' or you'll miss out.

I've yet to boot the thing up but going off presentation alone the man shows he really cares about these machines. Absolute labour of love I say. Fair play to him and worth every cent of the huge shipping fees (it actually got here 2 days ago, super fast).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I haven't watched the video but what's the mod you speak of - just RGB? Is that hard to do? Does it add much value to the Duo-R?
    Just wondering incase I sell mine - I haven't played it in ages so have no idea whether it has been RGB'd or not though.

Master of the Universe

Looks like the PC Engine is set to become the new Vectrex around these parts.

Speaking of which, lads, neither of you still has one. You're letting the side down. Off to ebay with ye! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Speaking of which, lads, neither of you still has one. You're letting the side down. Off to ebay with ye! :p

You mean Jack and Pyong I assume. :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You mean Jack and Pyong I assume. :p

Oh but of course, my fellow brother of the Veccy!

Just trying to convert a couple of nonbelievers.

Pyongyang - the system has a lot of classic shumps....!

The Vectrex does?

Master of the Universe

Indeed. Think more along the lines of Asteroids type things.

There's one amazing homebrew Defender clone called 'Protector'. I'd buy a Vectrex for that game alone.

It's an expensive game, but luckily you can get a Vectrex flash cart to put the entire library on.

You seriously cannot capture a Vectrex display on a camera..don't do it justice at all. you have to see it in person.

here's an idea of what it's like. Really high resolution vector lines. Any dot type particle effects are also amazing.

That looks incredibly juicy! Not sure about owning one though...

Master of the Universe

Everyone feels the same until they see one in person. Believe me!

Myself, Enternow and Andrew76 went to a beers in Cidermans. Two months later the three of us had all bought one :D

Anyone, totally knocking your thread off topic. Any idea how often Doujindance lists those refurbished Duo-Rs? I guess if I'm going to do the whole PC Engine thing, I may as well do it properly :)

Dunno, just keep watching his page like a hawk. Not sure on the frequency of listings.

In the meantime if you or anyone else fancies a Core Grafx and some Hu Card action then let's talk... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That looks incredibly juicy! Not sure about owning one though...

Banned..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myself, Enternow and Andrew76 went to a beers in Cidermans. Two months later the three of us had all bought one :D

And If I'd the money I'd have bought one :)

Advertisement