Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family getaway

• 01-07-2011 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Just looking for ideas for a 3 or 4 day holiday with a 3yr old boy and 6yr old girl. Is there a good hotel people can recommend with plenty to do in the area. Cost is an issue.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

It's difficult to answer this with the information provided. Are you looking for a hotel or self catering. What is the priority the kids or the adults. Sorry if I seem a bit blunt but I could recommend kellys hotel in Wexford as it caters for adults and kids equally but costs a lot. Or the quality hotel in youghal where they will meet loads of other kids it's cheap (downside is it's tatty and feels a little overpriced+ when we were there the amount of pint bulmer bottles outside some of the apartments really put me off).

A guide price would help, also have a look at the lidl breaks site there can be some good finds there.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Thanks for the reply Cionn. I have done a good bit of looking this morning and decided to stay at the Ramada in Bray with the Supervalue breaks, 239euro for 3 nights. We will do the zoo, National Sea-Life Center and the Natinal Aquatic Center for the 3 days. A few trips in and out on the DART and jobs a good un. Looked at Kelly's but above our budget. Any know is that leprechaun museum in Dublin is worth a visit with 2 young kids.

Thanks again for replys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

The National history museum is well worth a visit & its free:) Glenroe Farm would only be a short spin from Bray & not expensive & you would defo get a couple of hours out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The first thing you should do is drop the kids off at their Grandparents, and then head off.
    It's important for them to bond:D
    I'm not joking!!!
    If Grandparents are not available, Aunts & Uncles? Family friends?
    Everybody needs a break
    We do it as much as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Although couple's time is important, the OP was looking for a FAMILY holiday. Not everyone wants to get away from their kids at every opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

gary29428 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Cionn. I have done a good bit of looking this morning and decided to stay at the Ramada in Bray with the Supervalue breaks, 239euro for 3 nights. We will do the zoo, National Sea-Life Center and the Natinal Aquatic Center for the 3 days. A few trips in and out on the DART and jobs a good un. Looked at Kelly's but above our budget. Any know is that leprechaun museum in Dublin is worth a visit with 2 young kids.

Thanks again for replys.
    Hi Gary this is a copy of review I posted on tripadvisor last year after staying in ramada bray

.1person found this review helpful
    We stayed here for two nights midweek 2 adults and 3 children in a family room. We paid 150 for the two night stay which included breakfast I thought this was good value. The staff are efficient and welcoming. Breakfast is a buffet of which there is plenty the food was very warm and a great choice was offered. We ate in the bar one evening service was excellent food was lovely and adults received a free glass of wine with their meal.
    Our room was spacious there was a tv and dvd player. We did find the room to be unbearably hot at night time despite no radiator been on, there was no top sheet on the bed so the choice was a heavy quilt or nothing we couldnt leave the window open as we were on the ground floor. I noticed all the radiators were going full blast in the communal areas so maybe this caused the problem. In my opinion a lot of areas in the hotel really need redecoration. The windows in our bedroom would not close properly nets and heavy curtains need replacing among other things. The hotel is well situated for visiting the wicklow area, Wicklow goal well worth a visit.

Just to add there is on pool in this hotel, and as I said in review wicklow goal is a great way to spend a few hours. Wicklow is beautiful and I would love to visit there again. Enjoy your hols!

Advertisement