Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure Lucan Village

Options
  • 01-07-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice a drop off in water pressure in Lucan vilalge area over the last 4 or 5 weeks?.

I'm pretty sure there has been, which is a pain as we have a combi-boiler type hot water system in the house (bought for its environmental credentials....), which works on the incoming water pressure. So lower pressure = dribbly showers in the morning. Not quite that bad yet, but I do think there has been a drop off of late.

I've called SDCC, and am awaiting a call back from their water engineer person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The in-laws live up in Beech Grove and the FIL said that the Corpo are turning down the water pressure at nights at the moment. Apparently the pressure is down at levels similar to the beginning of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Interesting, thanks for the info. Still awaiting call back from the Water Czar....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Not sure of the exact plan but all the water pipes running through the village are being replaced, they started a few weeks ago so I imagine its to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ah yeah I'd seen the work, wasn't sure what it was, must be related.

Pressure seems a bit better last few days, still awaiting call from SDCC.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They finally finished all that work leading down into Lucan village.
    They also did a very good job repairing the road after they had finished. I had driven up and down the hill a few times during the work and was afraid they were going to leave the road in an awful state but it's nice and smooth now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement