Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Have a 64gb beast workingnjust fine.
    here. No issues what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I have a 64GB sd card in mine and it works perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Vikings wrote: »
    I've had quite a few problems since moving to RR (2.4.1) - getting horrible battery drain lately, phone is barely lasting a full day in work with light-moderate use.

Going to try CM9 tonight I think.

Also, and this might be more hardware related, in the last week or so the majority of the time my phone thinks it is charging when it is not. I'm sure this is part of the problem of the battery drain and i'm hoping its software related not hardware. I've heard a toothbrush to the charging port can sort that out if it is hardware. Anyone had that problem before?

yeah I had that. it even kept turning itself on when I switched it off. a soft brush and some meths fixed that right up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 us3l3ss

Has anyone updated to the stable version of CM9? Apparently a theme manager is supposed to be part of it, but it doesn't appear to have been included. Is this a common thing? I half thought it was an issue with meteor phones, but that seems a bit silly
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

us3l3ss wrote: »
    Has anyone updated to the stable version of CM9? Apparently a theme manager is supposed to be part of it, but it doesn't appear to have been included. Is this a common thing? I half thought it was an issue with meteor phones, but that seems a bit silly
    Thanks
    It's included alright. There is a section in the settings that allows you to change themes.

• Advertisement

Anyone here try CM10 yet??

G1032 wrote: »

Yup running cm10 here. Had flashed samsungs 4.0.4 and it was terrible in my case. Continuous blank screen and fc on certain apps. Cm10 running smooth as butter here.....mind you its only been 24 hours flashed but so far very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where is the best place to get a card for the S2?

Yup running cm10 here. Had flashed samsungs 4.0.4 and it was terrible in my case. Continuous blank screen and fc on certain apps. Cm10 running smooth as butter here.....mind you its only been 24 hours flashed but so far very impressed.
    Weird. I flashed 4.0.4 XWLPT and it was pure class. Went to that from CM9 and was very impressed. I've now gone back to stock 4.0.3 so I can make use of the JKay mods. I use Wi-Fi direct and that wasn't available on CM9. It works apparently but you can't transfer any files?????
    Is there something about Bluetooth not working on CM10??

Anyone Having Issues With Resurrection Remix JB? It Seems To Be Eating Up My Resources And As You Can See All My Words Are Being Capitalized, Think I Will Have To Go Back To RR ICS

• Advertisement

Bluetooth working OK so far this end on CM10. New builds are happening every few days therefore any niggles will be ironed out eventually.

Have Samsung released jb yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mc Love wrote: »

Tbh, I don't they are even going to work on it. If any samsung device gets it, it will be the SIII. Best to get a custom JB ROM.

No but according to Samfirmware.com they will be releasing JB for the S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Where is the best place to get a card for the S2?
    http://www.memoryc.com are decent, based in Kildare, free delivery within Ireland.

Any JellyBean ROM users know if you have an option to turn off the CRT animation thing yet? Like is it in CM10 or RR yet?
    Cheers.

EDIT: Found this to disable it:
    Settings-> Developer options -> window animation scale set it to 0.5x.. also animator duration set to 0.5x... Ur CRT animation ll be disabled..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

According to this [1] there is no need to make full wipe when upgrading from cm9 - that was the last thing that was stopping me from flashing cm10.

I'm just making backups before flashing to cm10.....

[1] http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod10:GT-I9100:How_to_install

update: just flashed from cm9 to cm10 WITHOUT FULL DATA WIPE (dalvik and partition cache wipe only) and ...... it works! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Apparently a new, official, Jelly Bean release for the SGS3.

Could lead to hwcomposer issue being solved on the S2 and S3 soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33DoSZuS1ao&feature=player_embedded#!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

So I've just installed CyanogenMod 9 onto my SGS2 to see what it's like.

It's different anyway. One thing really annoying me is the browsers. Stock one and Chrome are both too slow and laggy. I miss the super smooth stock SGS 2 broswer (GPU accelerated I believe). How can I get this back onto CM9, or can I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone on a JB Rom yet?

Preferably one thats working properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Ghandee wrote: »
    Anyone on a JB Rom yet?

Been on ressurection remix for a few weeks. Works fine, battery not quite as good as ics remix but good enough for now. Had a few crashes, maybe about 1-2 per week but always when I was using it actively (ie no missed calls just a quick reboot needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Anyone on a JB Rom yet?

I'm on CM10. There were some minor UI bugs at first, and I need to reboot every so often (day or two), but overall it's quite stable (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Anyone on a JB Rom yet?

Yes, works quite OK. Camera is _much_ better, but UI hangs for a few seconds sometimes. I'm on cm10 by codeworx

OneWayBet wrote: »
    Been on ressurection remix for a few weeks. Works fine, battery not quite as good as ics remix but good enough for now. Had a few crashes, maybe about 1-2 per week but always when I was using it actively (ie no missed calls just a quick reboot needed)

Just an update on this, a few days ago I upgraded from RR 3.0 to 3.0.5 and this has made a huge difference, it is much more stable (no crashes) and battery lasts about 30 hours like I used to get on ICS (compared to about 22 hours on RR 3.0.0).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

OneWayBet wrote: »
    Just an update on this, a few days ago I upgraded from RR 3.0 to 3.0.5 and this has made a huge difference, it is much more stable (no crashes) and battery lasts about 30 hours like I used to get on ICS (compared to about 22 hours on RR 3.0.0).
    Interesting. I've been running RR 2.4.1 for a good while now and find it very very stable. Wonder if its worth my while updating or am I better off sticking with what I know to work well? Decisions decisions!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Interesting. I've been running RR 2.4.1 for a good while now and find it very very stable. Wonder if its worth my while updating or am I better off sticking with what I know to work well? Decisions decisions!

Go for it, you'll need to do a full wipe upgrading from 2.x but I was able to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.5 without reinstalling anything.

I'm tempted alright.

What kernel are you running with it? I'm on a (probably old version) Siyah v3.3.2

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'm tempted alright.

What kernel are you running with it? I'm on a (probably old version) Siyah v3.3.2

It comes with Siyah 4.1 beta6 and Android 4.1.1
    RR 3.0 was usable but 3.0.5 is flawless so far for me. An interesting thing about battery usage is nearly all of the CPU is taken up by the apps, normally I used to see Android System taking up a large chunk but now it is only taking 5.5%. It has been on battery for 23:45, screen on for 02:24 (40% battery). I have 19% battery left projected to be 7hrs. With lighter usage I'd expect to get closer to 35hrs.

May just go for it so once my memory card arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi guys.

On Ics stock (3 Ireland) rooted with jkay deluxe (paid for)
    Anyone know how to enable battery percentage?

Thanks

Advertisement