Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Current Weather Conditions - July 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

17.3C Grand dry day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone just south of Dunleer? A very intense but small shower has just developed in a matter of minutes just south west of Dunleer. Looking at the radar, it looks like it has just past south of Dunleer in an easterly direction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max Temp Today 19.7c, A few heavy showers this afternoon gave 5.6mm of rain. Currently its 16.8c and Partly cloudy

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry,cloudy and mild in Castlebar.Calm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mostly Sunny Skies, Temp 14.3c, Wind NW 8km/h, Pressure 1017.6 Rising

More Detailed Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Calm and overcast with occasional breaks in the cloud.

Temp 15C

RH 80%

1018.2 hPa - Rising Slowly

Galway City Weather

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cloudy,mild,calm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭GSF

Raining heavily in Donegal this morning, but nothing showing on the radar on www.met.ie :mad:

A cloudy evening in Castlebar.Spent most of the day at Carnmore where it was dry and bright for the most part.The odd light shower in over Galway city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

A cloudy day in general with the sun peeping through now again.. Presently 17.3c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another scorcher in central Illinois and dangerous to be outside, feels like 36C right now.
    TEMPERATURES SIZZLING IN THE LOWER 90S DURING THIS AFTERNOON WITH MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES COMBINED WITH DEWPOINTS IN THE LOW TO MID 70S... WILL GIVE HEAT INDICES PEAKING BETWEEN 95 AND 105 DEGREES THROUGH 7 PM. THE HIGHEST HEAT INDICES WILL SOUTH OF PEORIA.

AVOID BEING OUTDOORS FOR PROLONGED PERIODS IN THE AFTERNOON SUN. IF YOU MUST WORK OUTDOORS... WEAR LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING... DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS IN AN AIR CONDITIONED OR SHADED AREA TO ESCAPE THE HEAT. NEVER LEAVE PETS OR CHILDREN IN UNATTENDED VEHICLES.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

GSF wrote: »
    Raining heavily in Donegal this morning, but nothing showing on the radar on www.met.ie :mad:
    I use http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/ for the forgotten county.

Dull, dry, calm & cool. Temp 11.7C

Cloudy, Temp 15.3c, Wind NNW 5km/h, Pressure 1020.9 Steady

Live Data and Webcams @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice morning. Broken cloud and very mild.

A mostly cloudy day in Castlebar but feeling warm in little or no wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Amazing clarity in the skies this evening I have to say. Even though there is mid-level cloud galore I can still see for miles in the twilight. I can see the entire Mayo skyline!

I took this picture about 20 minutes ago looking NNW (sorry for blurry quality as not good camera in twilight) and mapped out approx where towns in Co. Mayo and N Galway are relative to the cloud sheet. The clear slot on the horizon is actually just off the NW coast of Mayo which is well over 60 miles (as crow flies) away from here (Tuam)

166788.png

Satellite image taken about an hour ago showing location the photo was taken from and direction it is facing towards:

166789.png

It is certainly rare to get such an expansive view of the sky in these parts as clouds are usually much lower and the air much more humid which greatly reduces visibility. It is just a pity I can't get a right view of the Mayo mountians from this part of the town as they would look really spectacular standing before the orange sky behind them :)

Nice one DE,i can see the clear sky just to the NW of Castlebar now with cloud to the SE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same here tonight, just looked out the window and couldnt believe how bright it is, had to check the clock twice to make sure it was 2.30! The north sky is still bright with the horizon orange, roughly as bright as the solstice tonight

Milky Sunshine, Temp 14.3c, Wind NW Light, Pressure 1020.4 Steady

Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

15 deg,wall to wall sunshine,calm

Gorgeously warm and sunny :)

Temp 18.8C in a light E'ly breeze

RH 52%

1021.7 hPa - Falling Slowly

www.galwaycityweather.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Warm and sunny. Perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nice and sunny again, 20.7C at the moment. Three sunny days in a row now! Lovely day for a riot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Very warm and sunny here, a couple of clouds, light breeze,

22c

30% RH

1041.9 hpa falling slowly

ssw light wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

Lovely sunshine until 15:00 ish now clouds rolling in from the west..

still warm though, hope the rain holds off for a couple of hours (need to finish cutting the grass):D

What a lovely warm evening out there in Castlebar.Clear skies and light winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

22.2c in Sligo today. I thought my thermometor wasnt working right so I put another one on in a very shaded spot and it read 21.9c so I checked the mercury one on the shed door and 22c. So I guess 22c in my back yard.

Same again tomorrow please.

btw thats a very interesting post by DE. I was thinking the same myself the other day as I ran but was too tired when I got home to put it into practice.

The clear layer was over Ben Bulben for a good 4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

800 posts at last

Oh weather 15.2c now and partly cloudy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really nice all day 20 degrees although got cloudy after 7. I heard a farmer asking for rain today - pissed rain last thurs and Friday FFS

Advertisement