Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multidimension theory

Options
  • 01-07-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Physicists are presently debating the idea of the multiverse. theres a few theories of why there may be one floating around - one for example is that gravity is too weak a force and must therefore be bleeding from another dimension, another is that the big bang is far far far too rare to have actually occured (the big bang theory does present more questions than answers).. but if there were multi universes then the chances of it having actually occured would be massively increased.

Theres even the theory that time has multi dimensions and that the past present and future could all be happening in the same places right now.

To me, this throws open the idea that maybe the paranormal is a result of such multiverses. If someone reports seeing a ghost, could they be seeing a different dimension of time? Could they be seeing a parallel universe? Main stream science seems to be taking the multiverse theory quite seriously, so maybe there will be a time when paranormal research and science actually fit together.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I don't know whether it's the same thing as being in another dimension but I've (too) often considered the possibility of 2 existences at the same time but in opposite phases to each other.i.e. 180 degrees out of phase.
    It would be when the phase alignment goes slightly out of anti-phase that we see "ghosts".
    We are the ghosts in somebody elses world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

you should check out 'Parallel Universes' by Michio Kaku.
    Very interesting read.
    The thing out multiverses, if there is really is other universes, only few should contain intelligent life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats the big if - its hard to figure out if there are any other universes within the same space as us, and if there were, how many. only after you know that would it matter how many were populated. its all theoretical at the minute.

Graham Hancock has a great book called Supernatural (dont let the title put you off) which explores the idea of alien life form communicating via multi dimensions. very interesting stuff.

Advertisement