Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzwilliam clinic -snoring cure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I would love to know too. I have been into see them but the treatment is €2600 so to get a recommendation would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Wonder could we get a boards deal arranged LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I would love to know too. I have been into see them but the treatment is €2600 so to get a recommendation would be great.

is that for all procedures ?
    i was supposed to go and meet them but couldnt-is there any side affects from this treatment did they say?also did they say that after the procedure you stop snoring.
    also i looked at their clip on youtube when that doctor was on tv3 discussing it and he had some woman on saying shes cured-well i checked her out and discovered shes a plant for them ,the woman has even her own website:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I went into them for the consultation and while it is v much a selling/marketing show they put on, the cost of my treatment which was removing the uvula and lasering the turbinates was sub €2K.

When you arrive on the day for the surgery the top man (who will perform the procedures) gives you what he thinks will be the % improvement post surgery. If you are not happy with what he has to say e.g. 25% improvement, you can walk out and all bar €120 gets refunded to you. So they say anyhow.

I really want to give it a go but don't have the funds at the mo. Whatever about the snoring the real impact I want is to open up the airways. If you have apnoea or the likes this procedure is worth a try.

Lemmy that cost is for both procedures, 1950 for removing the uvula and 1450 for lasering the excess tissue in the nostrils. If you get them both done the cost is reduced to 2450.

Everything else I was told concurs with leslie91.

If I thought it would work I would get it done but there is very little evidence out there.

You also have to pay in advance so when you get to see the main man (Dr.yves-victor kamani) they already have your money and judging by the hard sell at the initial consultation I
    would imagine very few walk out only paying the 120 consultation fee.

The main thing I didn't like was there were no specifics really discussed, this procedure is a cureall and the patient didn't really matter in terms of a diagnosis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 earlharrington

That seems like a crazy amount of money to cure snoring.

If you haven't tried all the little tips and tricks yet, I wouldn't personally be looking at spending that kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Does anyone here have any experience of this place? Does the initial consultation cost money I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CloseYourMouth

It is essential that the mouth is closed at night to prevent vibrations of the soft palate. Another worthwhile tip is not to sleep on the back. Both are well supported by medical papers linking nasal congestion, mouth breathing and sleeping on the back to snoring and sleep apnoea.

What about something that prevents the mouth from opening overnight ? Superglue maybe :)

• Advertisement

Joe10000 wrote: »
    What about something that prevents the mouth from opening overnight ? Superglue maybe :)

Hi Closing the mouth at night will stop mouth snoring and also reduces sleep apnoea significantly.

However you can still snore through the nose. Therefore will need to unblock the nose.

Taping the mouth at night makes a big difference though.

Here is a video of the taping:

http://www.youtube.com./buteykodvd#p/u/17/96xUIUA79Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

my husband keeps me awake with his snoring but god thats so expensive it would want to work for that price

Hi Closing the mouth at night will stop mouth snoring and also reduces sleep apnoea significantly.

However you can still snore through the nose. Therefore will need to unblock the nose.

Taping the mouth at night makes a big difference though.

Here is a video of the taping:

http://www.youtube.com./buteykodvd#p/u/17/96xUIUA79Ho

I have recorded myself and I'm all throat, do you know where Stocks that tape ?

so anyone get this done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Anyone actually gone ahead and done it???

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redcarpet

Ya was wondering as well if anyone had gone to the Fitzwilliam clinic to have this proceedure done? Did it work???

I've been in for the consultation but yet to hear from anyone who's had it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sidders

my snoring doesnt bother me ...... so i dont feel the bother paying so much for so little reward

sidders wrote: »
    my snoring doesnt bother me ...... so i dont feel the bother paying so much for so little reward

You live alone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sidders

^^ no but thats her problem, :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Redcarpet

Joe 10000 how did you find the consultation? Do you think you will go through with it?!

Would love to know how effective this treatment is and if it's worth pursuing!!!!

The consultation was ok, just. The sell was very hard and the evidence supporting it was weak.

If the money isn't an issue for you then why not try it, it won't make your snoring any worse.

Anyone get this done:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Villa82

So has anyone actually got a procedure done in Fitzwilliam Clinic?
    I'm like a lot of people and have been reading up about their procedures and claims that they can stop snoring.

It is a lot of money, but was the same for me with my eyes when I got lazer eye surgery about 5 years ago now and I never looked back.

My snoring is really affecting my relationship to the point that I couldn't care about the money if it actually worked. It's that bad at the moment.

Villa82 wrote: »
    So has anyone actually got a procedure done in Fitzwilliam Clinic?
    I'm like a lot of people and have been reading up about their procedures and claims that they can stop snoring.

It is a lot of money, but was the same for me with my eyes when I got lazer eye surgery about 5 years ago now and I never looked back.

My snoring is really affecting my relationship to the point that I couldn't care about the money if it actually worked. It's that bad at the moment.
    Ya me too the girlfriend is nagging me over it-id have no problem paying the money once it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deedly

well lads i was brave enough to go ahead with this treatment and i would recommend it I was snoring like a train going through the bedroom and the result after the treatment was great I havnt snored and my darling boyfriend can now stay with me all night . For me it was well worth it but there are no guarentees And they are very nice in that clinic and you get all the info from them before you make the deceision :)

deedly wrote: »
    well lads i was brave enough to go ahead with this treatment and i would recommend it I was snoring like a train going through the bedroom and the result after the treatment was great I havnt snored and my darling boyfriend can now stay with me all night . For me it was well worth it but there are no guarentees And they are very nice in that clinic and you get all the info from them before you make the deceision :)

Tx for coming back and reporting success. What did you need to get done was it just the nose or the throat or both?, gas that you are a female, would have always thought it'd be men who would be the problem, certainly thats the case in our hse!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deedly

I had the treatment for the troat .Its was actually fine Its was a bit uncomfortable for about 2 weeks and they gave me loads of tablets for the pain(which i didnt have )and anti-inflamitories and an anti-biotic They had an offer if i got it done in sept it cost me 1460 For me well worth it I was lucky to come in to a bit of money unexpectently so didnt think about it too much and just done it And yes women do snore too:p

I had the treatment for the troat .Its was actually fine Its was a bit uncomfortable for about 2 weeks and they gave me loads of tablets for the pain(which i didnt have )and anti-inflamitories and an anti-biotic They had an offer if i got it done in sept it cost me 1460 For me well worth it I was lucky to come in to a bit of money unexpectently so didnt think about it too much and just done it And yes women do snore too:p

Thanks Deedly. Great hearing someone with good news. Congrats. How did they go about diagnosing you? I know I snore and it's bad (as my mates, brother & gfriend have told me :( ). But I don't know the cause, if it's my nose or throat. I'm just wondering how they go about testing you to make the decision on whether it's something that you should or should not get done and whether it has a decent change of success.

• Advertisement

Thanks Deedly. Great hearing someone with good news. Congrats. How did they go about diagnosing you? I know I snore and it's bad (as my mates, brother & gfriend have told me :( ). But I don't know the cause, if it's my nose or throat. I'm just wondering how they go about testing you to make the decision on whether it's something that you should or should not get done and whether it has a decent chance of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anyone else get this done

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paul tuomey

I had the procedure done almost 2 years ago after snoring like a train for years and keepin the entire household awake every night and did not believe the incredible decibel levels of my snoring until i listened to a recording my step daughter had done,I use to even stop breathing during sleep which i found out was potentially life threatening,i had tried everything,nasal strips,sprays etc none of them worked.After a laser procedure that lasted about 20 minutes the relief i have had is incredible and i awake every morning feeling refreshed and rested and without having interfered with everybody elses sleep,people can moan about price but good health and quality of life is priceless simple as that no arguments:)

I had the procedure done almost 2 years ago after snoring like a train for years and keepin the entire household awake every night and did not believe the incredible decibel levels of my snoring until i listened to a recording my step daughter had done,I use to even stop breathing during sleep which i found out was potentially life threatening,i had tried everything,nasal strips,sprays etc none of them worked.After a laser procedure that lasted about 20 minutes the relief i have had is incredible and i awake every morning feeling refreshed and rested and without having interfered with everybody elses sleep,people can moan about price but good health and quality of life is priceless simple as that no arguments:)

Did you get the uvula and nose lasered?

I had the treatment done in the Fitzwilliam and i have to say they were brilliant,very professional and they explained everything so clearly and put my mind at ease and followed up days later by ringing me to see how i was.

I had the treatment done in the Fitzwilliam and i have to say they were brilliant,very professional and they explained everything so clearly and put my mind at ease and followed up days later by ringing me to see how i was.

Which procedure did you have done ?

• Advertisement

Seemed a hard sell to me

Hootanany wrote: »
    Seemed a hard sell to me

Do you mean to say 'sounds like a hard sell to me'?

No I went for the consultation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Obvious shills are obvious ...

Obvious shills are obvious ...

That's what I thought too.

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    No I went for the consultation.

So did I. I wasn't convinced it would do what it says on the tin. That they ask for all the money up front (at least they did when I visited) worried me.

Same here I bought a Sleep guard in the end Drastically cut it down My wife is back talking to me.

I had the uvula and nose done and my tonsils lasered,I think it is great value for money and worked brilliantly for me and the relief in the household is just unreal

Now I definitely don't believe you.

Now I'm not so sure.... hmmmmm lasering of tonsils was never talked about to me. It was uvula and thingies in the nose only.

My tonsils were abnormally big to the point they were almost touching each other and at almost 40 years of age i did not want the pain of an operation in a hospital,almost 100 percent of peoples tonsils are fine mine certainly were not and as I have said the relief since the procedure has just been unreal and I would recommend it to anyone,other so called remedies might work for others but usually you get what you pay for,I just could not put a price on the relief I have had and the service and attention I received was nothing short of superb

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Now I'm not so sure.... hmmmmm lasering of tonsils was never talked about to me. It was uvula and thingies in the nose only.

This +1 when I went in.

I just could not put a price on the relief I have had and the service and attention I received was nothing short of superb

What relief have you had ?

as I already said in previous posts,I feel more refreshed and rested after a good nights sleep and I feel more healthy in general and less breathless and I find it easier to breathe plus I no longer pick up throat or sinus infections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Strange that the only two people to have had this done are essentially new posters. Deedly only has three posts, and paul tuomey only has 5 and only just created his account.

After reading this its not that surprising...
    also i looked at their clip on youtube when that doctor was on tv3 discussing it and he had some woman on saying shes cured-well i checked her out and discovered shes a plant for them ,the woman has even her own website:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement