Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam clinic -snoring cure

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anyone else get this done

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paul tuomey

I had the procedure done almost 2 years ago after snoring like a train for years and keepin the entire household awake every night and did not believe the incredible decibel levels of my snoring until i listened to a recording my step daughter had done,I use to even stop breathing during sleep which i found out was potentially life threatening,i had tried everything,nasal strips,sprays etc none of them worked.After a laser procedure that lasted about 20 minutes the relief i have had is incredible and i awake every morning feeling refreshed and rested and without having interfered with everybody elses sleep,people can moan about price but good health and quality of life is priceless simple as that no arguments:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I had the procedure done almost 2 years ago after snoring like a train for years and keepin the entire household awake every night and did not believe the incredible decibel levels of my snoring until i listened to a recording my step daughter had done,I use to even stop breathing during sleep which i found out was potentially life threatening,i had tried everything,nasal strips,sprays etc none of them worked.After a laser procedure that lasted about 20 minutes the relief i have had is incredible and i awake every morning feeling refreshed and rested and without having interfered with everybody elses sleep,people can moan about price but good health and quality of life is priceless simple as that no arguments:)

Did you get the uvula and nose lasered?

I had the treatment done in the Fitzwilliam and i have to say they were brilliant,very professional and they explained everything so clearly and put my mind at ease and followed up days later by ringing me to see how i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I had the treatment done in the Fitzwilliam and i have to say they were brilliant,very professional and they explained everything so clearly and put my mind at ease and followed up days later by ringing me to see how i was.

Which procedure did you have done ?

• Advertisement

Seemed a hard sell to me

Hootanany wrote: »
    Seemed a hard sell to me

Do you mean to say 'sounds like a hard sell to me'?

No I went for the consultation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Obvious shills are obvious ...

Obvious shills are obvious ...

That's what I thought too.

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    No I went for the consultation.

So did I. I wasn't convinced it would do what it says on the tin. That they ask for all the money up front (at least they did when I visited) worried me.

Same here I bought a Sleep guard in the end Drastically cut it down My wife is back talking to me.

I had the uvula and nose done and my tonsils lasered,I think it is great value for money and worked brilliantly for me and the relief in the household is just unreal

Now I definitely don't believe you.

Now I'm not so sure.... hmmmmm lasering of tonsils was never talked about to me. It was uvula and thingies in the nose only.

My tonsils were abnormally big to the point they were almost touching each other and at almost 40 years of age i did not want the pain of an operation in a hospital,almost 100 percent of peoples tonsils are fine mine certainly were not and as I have said the relief since the procedure has just been unreal and I would recommend it to anyone,other so called remedies might work for others but usually you get what you pay for,I just could not put a price on the relief I have had and the service and attention I received was nothing short of superb

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Now I'm not so sure.... hmmmmm lasering of tonsils was never talked about to me. It was uvula and thingies in the nose only.

This +1 when I went in.

I just could not put a price on the relief I have had and the service and attention I received was nothing short of superb

What relief have you had ?

as I already said in previous posts,I feel more refreshed and rested after a good nights sleep and I feel more healthy in general and less breathless and I find it easier to breathe plus I no longer pick up throat or sinus infections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Strange that the only two people to have had this done are essentially new posters. Deedly only has three posts, and paul tuomey only has 5 and only just created his account.

After reading this its not that surprising...
    also i looked at their clip on youtube when that doctor was on tv3 discussing it and he had some woman on saying shes cured-well i checked her out and discovered shes a plant for them ,the woman has even her own website:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

I had treatment for apeona from the sleep clinic in the mater private and much of what has been discussed here is total nonsense to what the Mater talk about.

I'd reckon 90% of apeona / snoring is weight / diet related ... After a couple of years on a CPAP machine I just copped on and worked on diet and exercise and after a bit of weight loss the apeona improved drastically.

I'd suggest visiting a sleep Specalist in the mater or other hospitals and see what they say before forking out a couple of grand on some wishy washy marketing and hard sell

It must have been so difficult for you to have spent a few years on a CPAP machine,I am sincerely delighted that you finally got the relief you were looking for unfortunately diets and sleeping clinics will not reduce the size of a persons tonsils or uvula and not everyone is so overweight that that excess weight causes them to snore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

It must have been so difficult for you to have spent a few years on a CPAP machine,I am sincerely delighted that you finally got the relief you were looking for unfortunately diets and sleeping clinics will not reduce the size of a persons tonsils or uvula and not everyone is so overweight that that excess weight causes them to snore

while a more cynical person would question the impartiality of someone who has a total of 6 posts all praising a certain medical facility I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

From what I see and read about the Fitzwilliam Clinic they only offer surgical solutions to Apnoea rather than get a fuller picture.

My suggestion to people who may think they suffer from Apnoea is to go to one of the sleep clinics in the major hospitals around the country to get a picture of what is causing the problem. From looking at the Fitzwilliam Clinic's website there is no mention of weight loss or CPAP as solutions to snoring / apnoea; which would solve a huge number of the cases

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubfan1974

Had the laser Uvulaplasty surgery and nasal turninectomy done in the last few weeks to combat excessive snoring since childhood.
    Will keep people posted to see if it improves the situation. At the moment suffering from a very sore throat on and off which requires pain killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

I woul be put off this just by the obvious amount of shills here.

franklyon wrote: »
    I woul be put off this just by the obvious amount of shills here.
    Yes it is alot of money,I am a paye worker and for me it is a family holiday!
    However since having the surgery my snoring which was like a jet engine has been reduced massively.They basically laser away the ovula which is the dangly thing in the back of your throat and laser the soft palate to basically open the airway.The classic snoring sound is caused by the vibrating of the ovula, with that gone it makes a huge difference,elbows to the back have deminished by 90%!I would recommend anyone to get the consultation,not so much the surgery.The procedure is not bad,I would say it is equivalent in unpleasentness as getting a deep filling in a tooth.But you will have a wicked sore throat from day 8-13 after the surgery.If you have mild snoring that you have developed with age,just loose weight,stop smoking and drinking.
    But if snoring is chronic and has been there a long time,it could caused by blockage of airflow in the nose and throat.
    You could try a sleepro which is a gumshield which forces the lower jaw forward thus pulling the tongue back from blocking the throat.I did'nt like the feeling of it in my mouth.
    I could not find any reviews on the internet and i took a leap of faith,perhaps people reading this might contribute one way or another if they had it done.
    Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to bump, but has anyone actually tried it?

Up in the big smoke next week, and was gonna go for a consultation. But if it's tripe, I'll not bother.

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry to bump, but has anyone actually tried it?

Up in the big smoke next week, and was gonna go for a consultation. But if it's tripe, I'll not bother.

As stated i had it done and have not looked back.They will check your nose and throat and depending on the blockages to both airways they will give you a percentage improvement that the surgery may improve.that is if you have a restricted airway in your throat(ie look in the mirror and with your tongue at rest can you see easily down your throat?)when you lie on your back your tongue falls back in your throat restricting the airway,so opening the air way improves your breathing.With the ovula gone it cant vibrate and make the bad snoring sound.
    Definitely get a consultation,and if you want to pm me for more info no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3 unreal

Has anyone else had a positive result about the procedure? I'm considering it. I had a sleep study done and I know I don't suffer from sleep apnea so I am a skeptical about spending so much money for a guestimation % and two weeks with a sore throat if there are no rewards. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mysterysnorer

Could anyone recommend this proceddure as trying to get it done later on this month

Advertisement