Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub for hen night in dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all!

I am organising a hen night in dublin on friday the 22nd of july and I don't know dublin at all so would appreciate some help! Its a group of 14 ladies, mostly in 40's and 50's. We are staying on ringsend road, beside the bus depot. We have dinner booked in clontarf, but I dont know what to do after dinner. Do you know of any pub we could go to near where we are staying or in Clontarf? I am trying to suit everyone so I dont think that somewhere too busy or trendy would be a good idea, I would ideally like to be able to book an area for us but this may not be realistic when we wont be there until dinner is finished? Any suggestions at all would be good!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

Hi :) I reguarly go walking in clontarf by the sea, I wouldn't be totally familiar with the names of the pubs around there. They all look pretty good I think one is called the yacht and looks like they get a good crowd but relaxed vibe,there is actually a good few along there by the walkway that have that atmosphere! Sorry I'm no more help to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Be a bit wary of taking advice from someone whose nickname is Good Advice! :D

If you are having dinner in Clontarf Castle (just a guess) you might find it to be a pleasant place to stay and have a few drinks after your meal.

Otherwise, for a bit of life, you need to be heading back into the city centre. Where you go depends on what kind of an experience you want, tbh.

Maybe someone else can recommend somewhere?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 trace51

Thanks for your replies, I was worried that I would need to ring ahead for a group like that so might try to find out more about places around clontarf, its not the castle we are having dinner but its not a bad idea to go there thanks! I am mostly concerned about keeping the cost down, we already need a taxi to clontarf and back so dont want everyone to need another taxi from town, was hoping to stick to clontarf or walking distance of where we are staying if we could!

Advertisement