If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat box options?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi John,

I have recently brought a ferguson ariva combo 120. While I am very pleased with this there are a few things that I miss from Sky+. Namely 7 day epg & serial link recording.

I was just wondering are there any cheap freesat boxes out there that do both of these. It would only need a single Satelite input and there would be no need for HD?

Alternative what would be the cheapest I get a Humax foxsat box for?

The plan would be to use this along side the ferguson box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the post.

Unfortunately we don't stock the cheaper boxes so I can't really recommend them on that basis.

We do stock the Humax boxes and they are priced at £109.95.

The Humax boxes have the 7 day EPG and are very popular.

Delivery would be £12.99.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you need any more info.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Thanks for the quick reponse Dave.

What price is the Humax foxsat (320GB or 500GB) at the moment?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stwome01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reponse Dave.

What price is the Humax foxsat (320GB or 500GB) at the moment?

Stw,

Many thanks for the email and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The 320GB is now a finished line but we do have the 500GB at £229.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr500/huma-foxsat-hdr-500g

Keep me posted if you would like to reserve one - I use a Humax Freesat HD myself and I just would not be without it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Could I get a quote for a Humax 500 GB.

Do you stock them in The Philips Shop or will we have to buy direct from richersounds? :cool:

Hi Norbert.

The Humax 500GB is £229.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

We have them in stock in Belfast and if you would like to order, we can be contacted on 0044 333 900 0071, Monday to Friday 9:30 - 5:30.

We can also offer a 5 year warranty on this unit for just £22.95 and a decent HDMI cable instead of the basic one in the box would cost £14.95.

We do also offer a pricebeat so let me know if you get a better price anywhere else, including delivery.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you need anything else.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Translated into Euros, that's €270 + €15 P+P, so to speak?

hehe, is that before or after our boardsie discount :p

Hi Norbert.

That price is after boardies discount as we make nothing on those Humax boxes.

We only really stock them to keep boardies happy ! :)

ATB

Dave

Ah, ok. :cool:

BTW, forgot to ask, are these brand new machines or the grade A/refurbished models?

Hi Norbert.......luckily I don't offend easily ! :rolleyes:

Totally brand new models.

We do very little graded stock and all the freesat boxes that we do are 100% brand new.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.