Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Im trying to register for a repeat.

I have a d1 that im not going to repeat and and f that i will be repeating, im guessing i put S for selecting a module but what do i put beside the D1?

The options are S Q I N.

Anybody know exactly what these stand for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

just dont select the d1 and you wont have to choose any of them

can u pay for repeats online?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

eoins23456 wrote: »
    just dont select the d1 and you wont have to choose any of them

Dude, i have an F so i have to repeat that.

Does anybody know what the four letters stand for?

Dont choose to repeat the d1 i mean.There's no option about the f

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

eoins23456 wrote: »
    can u pay for repeats online?

Yes you can. Login to the student portal thing and click on pay outstanding fee balance. Then just pay in multiples of €171 for the number of exams you're repeating. There's no option to say what you're paying for or to calculate it for you. Though I'm sure the fees office would be swiftly in touch if you haven't paid enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I entered it wrong. I never read the thing and clicked "Confirm Calculation" when i wasn't finished.

Who do I ring to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

anybody get a email receipt ...i haven't received anything in over a week, even tho 171 had been debited from my laser card ?, I presume everything is fine, but Id like to have a receipt at least

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

In the same boat about a receipt and haven't gotten an email about it.

I have to repeat two exams, both were D1's I have to repeat them in order to bring my qca up. Now I know the exams are capped at a C3, but does that mean I have to get an A1 in order to get that C3 or what? Or would a B or C in both do me?

A = C3
    B = C3
    C = C3
    D = D.....

you'll be givin c3 max, whether you you get an A or c3 !

good luck with it, repeating one myself ...ughhhh

Did you lads pay online? If so, you should've gotten a receipt screen after paying. You'll probably get further confirmation in a week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

runman wrote: »
    Im trying to register for a repeat.

I have a d1 that im not going to repeat and and f that i will be repeating, im guessing i put S for selecting a module but what do i put beside the D1?

The options are S Q I N.

Anybody know exactly what these stand for?

Thanks.

anyone able to answer his original question on which one of these we should have in the box for the registration status? its on S at the moment for all of them. should i be left at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

When do you have to pay by?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Did you lads pay online? If so, you should've gotten a receipt screen after paying. You'll probably get further confirmation in a week or two.

ya, but the receipt email should be instantaneous, not every one saves the screen, i certainly didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

yesno1234 wrote: »
    When do you have to pay by?

pay by the 7th which is tomorrow.

and yeah i got my email straight away. to my personal email, not the college one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

garv123 wrote: »
    anyone able to answer his original question on which one of these we should have in the box for the registration status? its on S at the moment for all of them. should i be left at that?

Q means optional according to my repeat form

Has anyone who paid online received any confirmation by post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Timetable to be launched this weekend according to Aoife Kenny's Ed Officer facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ULSU-Education-Officer/184311771189

Two Questions:

1. When do you find out the results to the repeats?

2. How do you access exam papers on the new layout ul.ie?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rockovello

Results are out the 5th of September.

And if you log on to the UL homepage, go to the Students and Staff box in the top right corner, select and then underneath the student section there's an option for student quicklinks and you just choose exam papers and then log in as you would usually..:)

rockovello wrote: »

And if you log on to the UL homepage, go to the Students and Staff box in the top right corner, select and then underneath the student section there's an option for student quicklinks and you just choose exam papers and then log in as you would usually..:)

Sound thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

rockovello wrote: »

Does anyone know if you get a letter if you've failed a repeat? Coz results are out the 5th...which is Monday of week one. What I've you've a 9am class you don't wanna miss and go to that then it turns out you didn't pass something....

/paranoid panicing

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get a letter if you've failed a repeat? Coz results are out the 5th...which is Monday of week one. What I've you've a 9am class you don't wanna miss and go to that then it turns out you didn't pass something....

/paranoid panicing

I'd say if you contacted your lecturer they'll let you know asap. My repeat is the 26th and I'm supposed to be flying out for Erasmus the 31st, starting the 2nd of Sep. :/

Advertisement