Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV Interview Insurance etc?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    I am applying for the WHV online directly from
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/

First q? I did not see Dublin as an option for where to go for interview if required so I just put down London??

Second q? Do I have to get insurance and where is the best place to get this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

Hi There's no interview required for the WHV, It'll probably be granted within the next few hours...

On the insurance Q, I'm heading over soon and have been looking around a good bit... There's loads of threads with usful info... But getcover.ie seems to be the cheapest...

This below thread will answer most of your questions...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056312836

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I just picked London for the interview but the visa was granted after 15 mins!

I was wondering about insurance as well. I'm working for the Medical Assitance department for an insurance company so I know I SHOULD get it....... I just don't want to have to pay over €100 for the year lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73021962#post73021962 for some recent experience on insurance ... or else do a search, and yes OP london is right

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dconnol

thanks for this.. after applying, I got reply that I had been granted visa very fast.. what are my next steps? do I just book flights and bring passport with me? should I not have to get my passport stamped or anything?

dconnol - when are you planning on going?
    I organised my bank account after my visa - that way I can start transferring money as I have it so it's there in plenty of time...
    the visa is electronic and is linked to your passport so once you hit Australia it will be activated once you go through passport control :)
    Where are you heading to first?

• Advertisement

Heading around 10th aug to Perth :) can't wait. Jus gotta start organising stuff now

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

dconnol wrote: »
    Heading around 10th aug to Perth :) can't wait. Jus gotta start organising stuff now

I'm landing in Perth on the 12th of August and have all sorted:D have you flights book yet? as I checked my flights now on e-travel and there €175 dearer than when I booked them on the 13th June...

jesus that's a pretty big diff in the cost of the flights. did you book return or one way?

No going to book flights early next week hopefully. I usually use kayak and cheapest flight is currently €686.. will check out others the day I book too..

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

jesus that's a pretty big diff in the cost of the flights. did you book return or one way?

One way, was so glad to see they got dearer,ha would hate to see them get cheaper now:D

• Advertisement

They better drop in price before I book mine ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 greenline

I was wondering about insurance as well. I'm working for the Medical Assitance department for an insurance company so I know I SHOULD get it....... I just don't want to have to pay over €100 for the year lol!

You are right- you should know better. If something bad happens you here you are stuffed. Have a google on all the fund raisers that have been going on through Irish Clubs in major Australian cities to raise money for people who are facing five figure bills following accidents. All to save 100 euros. Seriously?

Advertisement