Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Box Office - non sky receiver

• 01-07-2011 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

without wanting to break any rules, i receive sky through a pc setup.
    i have a full sub and have just ordered the fight for this saturday.
    i dont normally use any of the PPV or SBO facilities so have not got them setup.

I have been searching online, and while there is extensive info available on the regualr channels and their transponders, i cant find what i am looking for about the SBO channels. i have 2 channels SBO1 & SBO2 in my scanned channels but am unable to confirm that one of these will become active tomorrow night.
    as i dont want to have to get the SkyBox from the attic would anyone be able to help me set this up?

my card updates normally so i am guessing that the relevant signal will be received in the next 24 hours?
    does anyone know what frequency the HD channel for the fight is? i have a list of scanned channels, sorted by transponder but they all have the same name.

thanks for any help,

//update
    i have added SBO1 to my EPG as i believe this is the correct channel (http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/sky-box-office-hd1#02-Jul-2011)

i suppose i just need confirmation from someone who uses a non sky box that the update will come through, or should i switch to the skybox and call them up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are you using CCCam to read/update the card ?
    Due to the changes made by Sky a few months ago CCCam will no longer clear Sky Box Office ,you need to use Oscam .

I think you will have to dust off the Sky Box to be safe rather than sorry.

Are you aware that the fight is being shown free to air on german tv at 19e on RTL ,perhaps you could realign your dish if feasible ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

yes, using cccam. wasnt even aware that would be an issue.
    if i switch to oscam will it clear for definite?
    unfortunately realigning the dish isnt really an option for me.

if cccam / oscam are going to cause uncertainty then ill just get the box down and call them up.

is my understanding correct that even if i have the entitlement on the card, cccam/acamd wont actually decode it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

subway wrote: »
    is my understanding correct that even if i have the entitlement on the card, cccam/acamd wont actually decode it?
    Yes ,that is correct.
    Sky made some changes to their decryption system.
    Its only active on a few channels,Pick TV (formerly Sky 3) and a few others.
    The channel clears but its just a black screen.

Oscam will clear it .

CCCam may clear the fight as its not definite if Sky will use the modified system on the fight but they have used it on all the wrestling pay per views lately .

Quick follow up, installed Oscam and pick tv is now clearing for me.
    Looking at my entitlements, I can see a new addition which I'm hoping is the fight...

Hopefully all will go well, sky box is out as a failover any way. Should know at seven tomorrow if the preview doesn't start

Cheers for the heads up on oscam zardoz.
    Would have been screwed otherwise.

Sbo HD 1 clearing with no problems :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement