Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in registration fee from 1500 to 2000

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

Does any1 no what the story is with this new 'student contribution charge' instead of a 1500 reg fee its a flat 2000 student contribution charge instead.

If you qualify for free fees does this still cover the 2000 or does the student have to make up the 500 or pay the entire 2000..hope not...what with 4000cut on my grant & expecting me 2 work as a student nurse for 9 months next year for nothing, I don't think I could take anymore..

Elisha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ELISHA82 wrote: »
    Hi

Does any1 no what the story is with this new 'student contribution charge' instead of a 1500 reg fee its a flat 2000 student contribution charge instead.

If you qualify for free fees does this still cover the 2000 or does the student have to make up the 500 or pay the entire 2000..hope not...what with 4000cut on my grant & expecting me 2 work as a student nurse for 9 months next year for nothing, I don't think I could take anymore..

Elisha

sheeeet are they still doing that student nurses must work for free boll*x?! that is the biggest load of....

as far as i know (and i am screwed if i am wrong) that the free fees covers the 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ELISHA82 wrote: »
    Hi

Elisha

The grant should cover the 2000

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ELISHA82

hey

thanx 4 the replys. one less thing to worry about suppose.

yep hdowney they still expecting us to work 4 nowt but the irish nurses&midwives org r in talks wit gov trying to resolve it. but it'l nev be the 80% a qualified nurses pay that it once was. if they only could spend a day doing the work we do they would understand.

thanks again

Elisha x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

does anyone know if the new student contribution fee has to be paid all in one go? Or can it be paid in installments? It used to only be 800 a few years ago argh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

does anyone know if the new student contribution fee has to be paid all in one go? Or can it be paid in installments? It used to only be 800 a few years ago argh!!

Each college has different rules I think

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement