Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Android Tablet around the 350 mark

• 01-07-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for your input regarding buying an Android Tablet, with about 350 euro to spend a la bricks and mortar shop, realistically would love 3.0 and a hdmi output, anyone recommend anything or seen anything interesting?

I look forward to your responses Android tech heads!

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Im going to get the ball rolling.... If you can wait until end of september then the Archos G9 sounds like it has potental. Dual core 1.5Ghz (Unknown RAM) and it comes in 8.9" and 10.1". It will come with 3.0 and may also be compatable with google ice cream sandwich when its released. Check specs out below...
    http://www.archos.com/products/gen9/specs.html?country=us&lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

theduffer wrote: »
    Im going to get the ball rolling.... If you can wait until end of september then the Archos G9 sounds like it has potental. Dual core 1.5Ghz (Unknown RAM) and it comes in 8.9" and 10.1". It will come with 3.0 and may also be compatable with google ice cream sandwich when its released. Check specs out below...
    http://www.archos.com/products/gen9/specs.html?country=us〈=en

That does look great but its a present required for a 12 year old boy this weekend, reading around about Archos online there seems to be a fair bit of negative press regarding some of their recent products, I can't comment on them myself as I'm not a tablet or archos user, basically looking for a decent Android tablet that would maybe rival the first iPad if ya get me.... :P looking now in his price range we may have to settle with something a little less decent... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Does Currys still have the Advent Vega for €250?

16gb 7" Samsung Galaxy tab?

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-Tab-WiFi-GTP1010-Tablet-PC-16GB/304949/2.9

I believe the Apple iPad 1 refurbs are €339.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Does Currys still have the Advent Vega for €250?

PC World should still have them for a similar price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab WiFi GT-P1010 <<< Be wary

Samsung have done a bait and switch with some of the components, it shares a lot with the P1000, but is noticeably slower when it comes to games, overall processing power is down by as much %25, depending on what you're doing. Just a heads up.

That price isn't great either, compared to tablets like the Vega.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ste- wrote: »
    PC World should still have them for a similar price ?

is that a joke? or is my sarcasm detector broken? They are one in the same. . .and you can ask them questions here on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hey OP, I don't know how you feel about this, but have you thought about a second hand Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 from http://www.adverts.ie/?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

When I was 12 I got a few quid in a card and a football shirt, if I was lucky. How times have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Yeah if he can wait I suggest you get him an Advent Vega. They are out of stock in most of Dublin (Carrickmines supposedly has stock). Tegra 2 CPU with 512mb RAM. Pretty good specs for €250. When I get mine I'm putting Honeycomb on it straight away so it's looking like a steal to me. Now to wait two weeks... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Probably too late now but Carphone warehouse were doing the Asus Transformer for €399 in recent times. Worth stretching that litle bit for a good tablet with hdmi out and microsd card.

Advertisement