Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Costs making haylage / Cost of wrapping

• 01-07-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Well lads, just a couple of quick questions.

Got quoted 800 euro to cut, turn twice and bale 100 round bales with me supplying plastic. thoughts on this ??

Also how many bales would a roll of plastic wrap yield for haylage with 6 layers per bale.

Cheers for the help lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

That sounds like great value
    as for the plastic I don't know the answer to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Well lads, just a couple of quick questions.

Got quoted 800 euro to cut, turn twice and bale 100 round bales with me supplying plastic. thoughts on this ??

Also how many bales would a roll of plastic wrap yield for haylage with 6 layers per bale.

Cheers for the help lads.

you would need about 5 rolls at 6 layers each for 100 bales

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Thanks for the reply guys. I thought I'd get about 28 to 30 bales per roll. Is that being too optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭yesman2000

you'll do around 33 bales with 4 wraps, down around 22-24 i'd say if you're doing it 6 times

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Hi guys, sorry to drag up this thread again.
    If 4.50 Euro was spent on wrap per round bale how many layers would be on the bale.

Thanks again for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Hi guys, sorry to drag up this thread again.
    If 4.50 Euro was spent on wrap per round bale how many layers would be on the bale.

Thanks again for all your help.

It depends on how much the roll of plastic was?

I bought wrap at €65 per roll this year. It wrapped 32 to 33 bales per roll with 4 layers. That's €2 per bale. 6 layers would be €3 per bale, 8 layers would be €4 per bale etc. it will depend on teh cost of the roll???

Advertisement