Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood branded shopping bags sponsored by the council

Options
  • 01-07-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

We just got a cloth shopping bag in the letter box. It is printed with a child's drawing and the name of our housing estate. It says on it that it's funded by Galway City Council.

Is it me or is this a ridiculous use of funds in the present climate? They look cheap but by the time they've been printed and delivered to everyone it will surely cost more than a council that struggles to provide an adequate water reservoir can afford.

Anyone know what's the point of them? I presume it's to instill neighbourhood pride or a sense of community or something but it seems just a bit nuts in the times we find ourselves in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Are you in Highfield? The estate has been selected for a residential estate part of a tidy towns competition, and the bags were being delivered by the residents committee in order to inspire people to keep the place well, if I understand it correctly.

Advertisement