Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps in rented house

Options
  • 01-07-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

I recently discovered wasps in the roof of the house I rent and had to get an exterminator in.

Who is responsible for footing the bill? Me (tenant) or the landlord?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Did you talk to the landlord before getting them in?

Talk to the landlord. He/she may work with you and pay for it, but if you didn't discuss it before, then it may be all on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MidnightHawk

He was here and suggested that I get out the exterminator, hinting that "I should get this"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

feck him pay for it out of the rent money and get a receipt and put that into the rent book with the remaining balance
    if you pay by DD then pay the difference and forward a copy of receipt to your Landlord
    if he said to get an exterminator then he pays tbh he pays regardless as if you fecked off he'd have to pay anyway in order to rent place out again to new tenants

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

I was in the same situation before and the landlord did not hesitate to pay for it. Also had bedbugs under a different landlord, who also paid for their extermination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭up4it

I had a wasps nest in my attic and the damned things like to chew stuff up to make their nest out of. Usually they go for wood but these were chewing the roofing felt! :eek:

Fortunately, I got them before they did too much damage! Tell your landlord that! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Its the L/L's responsibility, unless you invited the wasps in.

Advertisement