Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Death (RIP) Condolence Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Awful news RIP

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Posts moved from Broomwagon. As per usual no specualtion to cause of death or bike safety lessons.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Very tragic, RIP.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Awful to hear that someone has been killed on a stretch of road that I have cycled many many times.

I hope I don't know him, but in any case may he rest in peace.

Edit: Just heard that he is a local, but don't know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Very sorry to see another so close to the last one.

Heard it on Newstalk, where they used the same formulation to describe what happened as breakingnews.ie do: "he collided with a lorry". I thought journalists were being encouraged to stop using this, as it seems prejudicial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Only a couple of miles from my house.
    I commute on the quiet country road parallel to the main road as it is LETHAL at that particular point.Ringing around to make sure its no one I know.2 clubs in the area and friends in both.Always horrible to hear this news but so close to home - (shudder)

Only a couple of miles from my house.
    I commute on the quiet country road parallel to the main road as it is LETHAL at that particular point.Ringing around to make sure its no one I know.2 clubs in the area and friends in both.Always horrible to hear this news but so close to home - (shudder)

DoMa doesn't him and if he doesnt know him then he's unlikely to be a member of either club.

It's a little bit of a relief but still too close to home for comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Any incident like that makes you think about yourself going down the road on the bike.

May he rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Awful news! RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Herc

RIP - terrible news on such a lovely day up here

Again a road I have cycled many times with minimal hard shoulder and very fast traffic - awful awful tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

RIP dude. Tragic news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Awful news! RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Very sad news. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Terrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Sorry to hear this. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

My mate was one of the Guards first on the scene. He said that it was a suicide. The man had left a note for his family before going out on his bike. You just never know!!

reilig wrote: »
    My mate was one of the Guards first on the scene. He said that it was a suicide. The man had left a note for his family before going out on his bike. You just never know!!

I did hear that is was a suspected suicide, but hadnt heard about the note. Really feel for the truck driver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement