Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] 25 cent deal.

• 01-07-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Anyone get a letter about this? Its an upgrade in broadband and connection to home phone for 25cent extra per month. Seems like a good deal. Looking at the terms the only extra charge I can see is 15euro once off for a phone. Opinions?

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

Looks like a great deal.
    Annoying of course, since I just got 100+phone two days ago. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭reni10

Seems like a really good deal so now if you are an existing customer you can get:

Digital Value+ TV
    25mb Broadband
    Freetime World Phone

All for €51 Euro a month instead of €60 which is their standard bundle and all you have to pay is a one off €15 for the cordless phone!

Seems like a pretty good deal to me saving €93 a year when you take out the cordless phone cost!

Where's the catch UPC?

Also why not just offer and advertise the cheapest bundle at €51 instead of €60 to attract and keep more customers instead of making people fill in this online form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i did this but didnt click the option for a cordless phone? i dont currently have a home phone, what happens then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

You get a phone line and can buy any dect yourself.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You get a phone line and can buy any dect yourself.

cool

dont really want the phone tbh

the BB increase is all i want :)

• Advertisement

How long after applying does it take to get the speed increase in bb?

Cyrus wrote: »
    How long after applying does it take to get the speed increase in bb?

any ideas folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

any ideas folks?

i am open to correction but i think it was 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It said I would be contacted in two days but haven't heard anything yet. I applied last Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mollser

I didn't get a letter or email or anything about this, but have been with them for 6 years.

Don't have phone and on the 12mg broadband, so this deal is a perfect fit for me. Can I just apply for it??

Anyone had any success yet? Does it revert to full price after a year or something?? Any catch???!:confused:

Edit: Right, fired off a request there, will see what happens! Thanks OP for this - is this one for Bargain Alerts? Rarely check this forum.

• Advertisement

folks

this offer is only for people on 20mb BB not 12, i called about it.

My 12mb has been upgraded to 25 for an extra 9.25 a month

It's the 15mb too. I'm on 15mb with just standard TV box.

Where on the deal page does it say it is only for existing 20mb customers???

If that is the case then this looks very much like bait and switch advertising and UPC should have this condition right at the top of this offer page in big bold letters!!!

folks

this offer is only for people on 20mb BB not 12, i called about it.

My 12mb has been upgraded to 25 for an extra 9.25 a month

Well so far so good - broadband has been upgraded to 25mb (jesus, it is lightening fast for downloading). No sign of a phone yet, will see what happens this week...:D

mollser wrote: »
    Well so far so good - broadband has been upgraded to 25mb (jesus, it is lightening fast for downloading). No sign of a phone yet, will see what happens this week...:D

So you were on the 12mb internet package and used the form to get the 25mb and phone service for .25c and had this confirmed as being fine from UPC?

I've checked on upc and my package has changed. It was just TV and internet. But phone line has been added. I haven't noticed a big difference in speeds, seems the same. I applied for the 50mb broadband so will hopefully notice it then.

reni10 wrote: »
    So you were on the 12mb internet package and used the form to get the 25mb and phone service for .25c and had this confirmed as being fine from UPC?

Kind of - all the above is true except UPC haven't confirmed anything in writing/email or phone call yet - just the broadband speed has been boosted to 25mg. It is also listed under 'My Services' in the MyUPC section of their site. BTW I also never received this offer formally, just filled in my details on the link provided to their website. Entering into another 12 month contract is not an issue for me.

I'll wait and see what kind of communication I get from them and let you know! Will also be keeping a close eye on my bills lol:cool:

(I used to be on the old package that has now morphed into the 15mb package, but I downgraded a while to save €4 a month I think for very little drop in speed).

Update: Had a phone call from a courier company saying they have a package from UPC to deliver tomorrow afternoon.

So far so good, will be interested to see what the letter says and will keep a close eye on the bill.

I feel sorry for Blueface though, as they'll be cancelled as a result of this, never let me down those fellas. Very good service for a number of years now.

Kind of - all the above is true except UPC haven't confirmed anything in writing/email or phone call yet - just the broadband speed has been boosted to 25mg. It is also listed under 'My Services' in the MyUPC section of their site. BTW I also never received this offer formally, just filled in my details on the link provided to their website. Entering into another 12 month contract is not an issue for me.

I'll wait and see what kind of communication I get from them and let you know! Will also be keeping a close eye on my bills lol:cool:

(I used to be on the old package that has now morphed into the 15mb package, but I downgraded a while to save €4 a month I think for very little drop in speed).

what were you paying for your BB and TV from them?

what were you paying for your BB and TV from them?

35 for tele, digital max
    25 for 12mb broadband

Total 60 per month

Now should be 60.25 for digital max tele, 25mb broadband and Freedom World phone, happy days...

• Advertisement

35 for tele, digital max
    25 for 12mb broadband

Total 60 per month

Now should be 60.25 for digital max tele, 25mb broadband and Freedom World phone, happy days...

yep, thats why you got the 25c upgrade,

i was paying 50.75 for 12mb BB and tv, so to get 25mb i had to pay 60, makes sense now :)

Probably not the right place to ask but where would I get a phone now that I've been upgraded for the phone package? How does it work? Do I plug it into the back of the modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

yes into the back of the modem easy:)

Jet Black wrote: »
    Probably not the right place to ask but where would I get a phone now that I've been upgraded for the phone package? How does it work? Do I plug it into the back of the modem?
    I got a package today but its just a new modem. The "welcome to upc broadband" letter makes no mention of a phone line or number, or the 25 cent deal. I'm already with them the spanners! Will I hear separately about a phone I wonder? Still no sign of a phone under my products either. Might ring them tomorrow...

I got a package today but its just a new modem. The "welcome to upc broadband" letter makes no mention of a phone line or number, or the 25 cent deal. I'm already with them the spanners! Will I hear separately about a phone I wonder? Still no sign of a phone under my products either. Might ring them tomorrow...

My letter was the same, no mention of the phone line. It is however on my product list..

UPC.png

The UPC Twitter help has confirmed that you can get this .25c upgrade if you are currently paying €50.75 for Value TV+ and 12mb BB and fill out the form by the end of this month.

So should be able to get phone, tv and 25mb BB for €51 a month!

reni10 wrote: »
    The UPC Twitter help has confirmed that you can get this .25c upgrade if you are currently paying €50.75 for Value TV+ and 12mb BB and fill out the form by the end of this month.

So should be able to get phone, tv and 25mb BB for €51 a month!

i dont think so, id be interested to hear if you do, but that wasnt what i was told over the phone, unless you received a flyer you arent eligible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

good luck to them, returning to the customer service of old.
    just spoke to them this morning, between bing hung up, called a liar and then being told my request would be escalated "as customer service know nothing about this" i was informed i would get a call back if i was eligible but if i didnt get a callback i would know i was not eligible.

FFS, the attitude was shocking on top of the other ongoing issues that we have been trying to get sorted...

i only mentioned it in passing as it seems better than the deal we were offered to not cancel last week :(

Great news, a letter arrived this morning welcoming me to the phone service, with phone number etc enclosed. Also 'My Products' is now updated to include the phone service/call forwarding etc.

Great deal for 25c, very happy. Terrific customer service from UPC! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I just rang about this now and it was all a bit confusing. I have the cheapest bb package. It was 5mb when I signed up last July or August last year and got bumped to 8->10. Just now they told me I've been bumped to 20mb. First I've heard of it. But aparently I'm not eligible for the 25centdeal.

I've submitted my details on the form anyhow and will see what happens

Advertisement