Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] 25 cent deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I already have the phone, TV and broadband service.

I wonder if I can sign up for this and get a reduction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

So just to confirm - if you're on the 10/12 Mb BB package you will get upgraded to 25Mb and get the phone package for 25c? You don't pay extra for the new BB package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So just to confirm - if you're on the 10/12 Mb BB package you will get upgraded to 25Mb and get the phone package for 25c? You don't pay extra for the new BB package?

if you are paying around 60 you will, if you are paying 50 you wont, it will be 60 to get the upgrade

:mad:
    Cyrus wrote: »
    if you are paying around 60 you will, if you are paying 50 you wont, it will be 60 to get the upgrade

Definitely? We have tv with sports package + BB, so over 60.

:mad:

Definitely? We have tv with sports package + BB, so over 60.
    I was just talking basic tv and bb not sky sports

• Advertisement

Have you gotten confirmation that your bill must be 60+, excluding sports package to get the 25cent deal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so i get 20 meg + tv for 57, it would now be phone, tv, 25 meg net for 51? where is the 25 cent?

can i just get the phone but not actually buy a phone, ever, lol. what about installation costs?

so i get 20 meg + tv for 57, it would now be phone, tv, 25 meg net for 51? where is the 25 cent?

can i just get the phone but not actually buy a phone, ever, lol. what about installation costs?

No you'll pay 57.25 or 60 something like that, basically lads from what I've seen no one is getting 25 m bb and tv and phone for 50 if you do please let me know

You don't have to use the phone or even buy the handset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Does anyone know if this offer is open to Broadband only customers?

Currently paying E34.00 (20Mb down/ 2Mb up) + E7.75 (standalone charge) per month

I would be interested in 50Mb 'For just €5 extra a month you can double your speed to 50Mb'

So E35.00+E5.00 (50Mb down/5Mb up) + 0.25 (phone) per month

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Anyone got a bill yet since this upgrade?

Ours was just issued today and we've been charged €16.40 for the phone service.
    Previously we were on tv+bb.

The total bill is €17.85 more that the previous month. It should have been 25cent more as per this deal.

• Advertisement

The total bill is €17.85 more that the previous month. It should have been 25cent more as per this deal.

is your bill now circa €60?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I checked my account and I've been charged 19.75. I checked my online statement for this month and it says 59.75? 59.75 is my normal bill. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I've been charged 40 euro a new box and also around 20 euro extra, so my bill was nearly 120 euro!! what the hell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ok they charged me the previous 10 days, the new month subscription + the 40 euro, so it's about right, but did anyone else get stung for the equipment?

Jet Black wrote: »
    I checked my account and I've been charged 19.75. I checked my online statement for this month and it says 59.75? 59.75 is my normal bill. Strange.
    As Giblet pointed out, they probably started you on a new contract from the date you signed up and the 19.75 is part of what would have been your next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this offer is open to Broadband only customers?

Currently paying E34.00 (20Mb down/ 2Mb up) + E7.75 (standalone charge) per month

I would be interested in 50Mb 'For just €5 extra a month you can double your speed to 50Mb'

So E35.00+E5.00 (50Mb down/5Mb up) + 0.25 (phone) per month

Thanks.

Im in the same position, its not clear what the situation is!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cormacp

The same has happened to me, although my increase is around €10. I find the hidden charges totally unacceptable (no such charges are listed in the T&Cs for the base 25mb upgrade), so I'm on the phone to UPC at the minute. I'll post here once I get a result, but they've been completely unhelpful so far.

In fact, they've started mis-quoting their own T&Cs, presumably to cover themselves:

- In order to return to my originally-billed amount, they claim I'll need to pay a fee of €100, rather than the T&C amount of €10 (to quote : "A €10 Downgrade Administration Fee will be applied anytime you downgrade any element of your service")
    - Apparently I've gone past the 'cooling off period' of the T&Cs. There's no cooling off period defined anywhere.

I know, a tenner increase isn't much, but this stinks of un-transparent practice by UPC.

cormacp wrote: »
    The same has happened to me, although my increase is around €10. I find the hidden charges totally unacceptable (no such charges are listed in the T&Cs for the base 25mb upgrade), so I'm on the phone to UPC at the minute. I'll post here once I get a result, but they've been completely unhelpful so far.

In fact, they've started mis-quoting their own T&Cs, presumably to cover themselves:

- In order to return to my originally-billed amount, they claim I'll need to pay a fee of €100, rather than the T&C amount of €10 (to quote : "A €10 Downgrade Administration Fee will be applied anytime you downgrade any element of your service")
    - Apparently I've gone past the 'cooling off period' of the T&Cs. There's no cooling off period defined anywhere.

I know, a tenner increase isn't much, but this stinks of un-transparent practice by UPC.

Do keep us updated! Be sure to have a pen and paper when you're on the phone

ive said this before, this wasnt for everyone, only those who got a flyer, the combined tv, bb and phone package was always supposed to be circa 60, some people were paying 59 for slower BB with tv and no phone so it was aimed at them

ive said this before, this wasnt for everyone, only those who got a flyer, the combined tv, bb and phone package was always supposed to be circa 60, some people were paying 59 for slower BB with tv and no phone so it was aimed at them

If I've read your post correctly, then the offer was aimed at customers like me, who were previously paying for Broadband and TV only. Despite this, I've still been overcharged, and there was no forwarning of this in the T&Cs I agreed to.

In any case, there's not much point speculating on *who* this offer was aimed at, because it doesn't change the fact that UPC seems to have added charges to their customer's bills without specifying them in their T&Cs.

• Advertisement

That is not in the T & C's.

I'm calling BS until cormacp gets a response. I think the increase could be part of your last bill (i.e, if you were 10 days into your billing month when you switched to the new deal, then you are being charged for this + your next month in advance - if they do that).

That is not in the T & C's.

I'm calling BS until cormacp gets a response. I think the increase could be part of your last bill (i.e, if you were 10 days into your billing month when you switched to the new deal, then you are being charged for this + your next month in advance - if they do that).

No, it isn't a result of carry-over from a previous bill, the person I spoke to from UPC confirmed that the new increased amount is the new monthly rate for my account

No, it isn't a result of carry-over from a previous bill, the person I spoke to from UPC confirmed that the new increased amount is the new monthly rate for my account
    So are you paying extra for the 25MB BB then?

If I've read your post correctly, then the offer was aimed at customers like me, who were previously paying for Broadband and TV only. Despite this, I've still been overcharged, and there was no forwarning of this in the T&Cs I agreed to.

In any case, there's not much point speculating on *who* this offer was aimed at, because it doesn't change the fact that UPC seems to have added charges to their customer's bills without specifying them in their T&Cs.

no, it was aimed at people who were paying circa 59 a month for tv and BB but not getting 25mb BB,

did you get a flyer?

So are you paying extra for the 25MB BB then?

Up until this week, I was on the 15mb broadband plan, but I've now been upgraded to the 25mb as advertised. My issue lies with the fact that the *price* isn't as advertised.
    no, it was aimed at people who were paying circa 59 a month for tv and BB but not getting 25mb BB,

did you get a flyer?

Yep, that's me, I was on €59/month for 15mb broadband and TV

Up until this week, I was on the 15mb broadband plan, but I've now been upgraded to the 25mb as advertised. My issue lies with the fact that the *price* isn't as advertised.

So the real offer is: "Upgrade to 25Mb Broadband and get phone for 25c extra". make sense?

Yep, that's me, I was on €59/month for 15mb broadband and TV

ah ok, well you should be able to get the 60 package for the lot then (as advertised for new customers on the website anyway)

assuming that you are comparing like with like, i.e. that you are on the basic digi tv package

So the real offer is: "Upgrade to 25Mb Broadband and get phone for 25c extra". make sense?

No, I don't think that's it, here's the wording:

"As a loyal customer, we’d like to reward you with a special bundle which includes free off peak local, national and international calls and super fast Broadband speeds for just 25c extra a month."

That doesn't support what you've suggested, I don't think.

"As a loyal customer, we’d like to reward you with a special bundle which includes free off peak local, national and international calls and super fast Broadband speeds for just 25c extra a month."

Haha, I was being facetious! They're adverting the telephone add-on for 25cent extra. But in reality you have to pay full amount for the 25Mb broadband and 25cent for the telephone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mollser

It also says
    "I would like to add Home Phone with Freetime World to my UPC subscription and increase my Fibre Power Broadband speed to 25Mb for just 25c extra a month."

This all seemed very clear at the time, however the one nagging doubt I always had was "This would normally cost €14 extra a month" line thrown in. Upgrading my speed from 12 to 25 would cost €10, + Freetime World which is €14 a month, total €24 a month saving I'd make.

i have held off on cancelling Blueface until I see my next bill for this very reason. I've printed the notice especially to quote from it if they try and pull a fast one.

One final thing, if various people did not qualify for this offer, or it was going to cost more than 25c a month, I would have expected them to notify said person in advance before activating the upgrade.

Bill is not until the 7th of next month so will be following this thread with interest:eek:

Advertisement