Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to meteor (free sim)

Options
  • 01-07-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I am currently on vodafone and have applied for the free sim on the meteor website, when i recieve my sim, insert it and top up apparantely it is activated, i am just wondering will this cancel my vodafone account automatically and port my number over to meteor as soon as i top up my new sim card ? i have applied to get the free sim card and keep my number by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

There might be a different process for pay as you go, but with bill-pay you need to ring Meteor Customer Care to arrange the porting. That will then cancel your vodafone account, though if you're bill pay with Vodafone, you may have a notice period to serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 davidface

Oh sorry i forgot to mention its pay as you go, thanks for the info though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 davidface

Anybody got info on the PAYG ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You will have to call them to port.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gardapa

id stay with vodafone or look at some of the other network providers!! im prepay meteor looking to move to bill pay and the idiots sent me out a new sim and new num even though I had said on my application form that I wanted to keep my new number...rang meteor( don't be in a hurry if you ever have to ring these, you'll be waiting at least 20min to get tru) on a monday was told my prepay num should switch withinh 24hours... grand no phone for 24hours.... that came and went and still the same no change!! have been on to useless customer service everyday since monday and told the same thing....will be done by half 5, will be done by this evening, will be done by tomorrow blah blah means nothing... give me my money back i'll go elsewhere!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement