Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harrison "the Curmudgeon" Ford ....

• 01-07-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Nukes the fridge

Now I gotta alot of time for Ford and not alot of time for Shia the former has been in two of the tentpole franchises of my childhood in Star Wars and Indiana Jones and the latter in the passable Disturbia and the rest utter bilge but I gotta call bul**** on this , So let me get this straight Harrison its wrong for Shia to criticize(justifiably) Indy 4 but it's ok for you to criticise Bladerunner ?!?!?

I actually found it refreshing when Shia came out with that interview in the wake of the dissappointment that was Indy 4 , most actors just do the hard sell no matter what and we end up paying through the nose in the cinema for garbage. He came out and called a turd a turd (and to be fair he should know he's made more then a few) so I applaud him .

Harrison just didn't want the one hit he's had on his resume since 97's air force one being Saht upon I guess .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ did you read the article?....Ford was talking about being a professional, keeping your gob shut....since you've taken the paycheck. Shia has a big mouth, Ford has a point imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

^ did you read the article?....Ford was talking about being a professional, keeping your gob shut....since you've taken the paycheck. Shia has a big mouth, Ford has a point imo.

Yes and if you read my post you will note I point out the hypocrisy of him calling Shia a "f**king idiot" for Criticising Indy 4 when he himself pissed and moaned about Bladerunner back in the day , so yeh maybe it isnt common/accepted practice to give an honest appraisal of your work(it should be) I just think it's abit rich for Harrison to be preaching about it from up there on his high horse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

Well shia definitely has a big mouth (dont know how much truth is there ) shortly he made comments about him and Megan Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

From where I stand laBeouf is owning up to his own failings in this movie. It may be a little egotistical of him to assume that the whole turkey was his fault but he had a pretty big part to play in it just like Shortround did in the Temple of Doom.

More power to him I say, he's honesty is refreshing.

Quoted from the original article:
    "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished. I have a relationship with Steven [Spielberg] that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I'm not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball. You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Apparently Ford was actually the initial driving force behind Indy 4. I might guess that's why he's taking it personally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement