Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

john deere 578 round baler

• 01-07-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

seen a few on donedeal, seem to be much handier money than welgers etc, how do they compare to the welgers and the mchales? was looking at one on youtube there one night and it seemed to be making a lovely bale. have heard before that they are a bit soft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 deerekane

A great baler with a bad reputation and poor re sale value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

deerekane wrote: »
    A great baler with a bad reputation and poor re sale value

why the bad rep?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

why the bad rep?
    In my experience and opinion, they dont make that good a bale, And aren't that great to take grass.
    Im sure they'd be grand as a farmers machine though! Don't think there up to the abuse a contractors machine has to take! What's the bale count on it?

pajero12 wrote: »
    Bad Bale ;)
    details Pajero details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

hi have a jd 575 a great yoke . i am told they are better than the 578 have it five year no bother .i drive it with a tm 125 i make 1100 bales for myself only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Had one for a season but moved it on quickly, they're fine as a farmers machine if you're picking up no more than 10 foot rows. Will not take grass like a McHale or Welger at all. Thought they made an OK bale though. Had problems raising the chopper knives if had to drop them for any reason.
    Not certain but I think it had a reverse function in the gearbox to help if got blocked. This led to gearbox problems AFAIK. I think it worked off the same lever for raising the pickup by pressing a button on the clock. If forgot to reset the button and went to raise the pickup then it flaked the gearbox into reverse, not good at high revs.
    Overall an OK baler but don't expect a massive output.

fair enough, thanks all for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Advertisement