Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor sockets

• 01-07-2011 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭

How much are floor sockets to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

for the sockets that go in floor boxs, they are a fair few quid, but these ones are a cheaper version,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/double-floor-socket-crome-/150625642062?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item2311fce64e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea i dont think the floor box type will be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Energysavers.ie

around €30 for a single & €40 for a twin brass or satin chrome hinged lid type! You can get them from ND electrical in Nutgrove Dublin. He sells the Hamilton make see www.Hamilton-litestat.com or www.switch.ie

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

around €30 for a single & €40 for a twin brass or satin chrome hinged lid type! You can get them from ND electrical in Nutgrove Dublin. He sells the Hamilton make see www.Hamilton-litestat.com or www.switch.ie
    Personally I'm not a fan of Hamilton. I found the terminals on brass sockets (which looked fantastic) to be very poor quality. I also had a number of their DP switches and dimmers fail (also brass, also looked great!).
    A floor socket needs to be able to take plenty of abuse so I would use a higher quality make such as MK. This will cost extra, but often the real saving is no revisit required!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yep

i noticed same with hamilton gear

raised screws on back of sockets and switches -instead of ip2x

poor quality

• Advertisement
Advertisement