Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new type of email notification on Boards

Options
  • 01-07-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I think that it would be a good idea if you could opt to receive a notification by email or somewhere on boards when you are quoted.

On some of the larger treads it can be hard to keep track of posts and a lot of the time you wont get to respond to people because you didn't see the post.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

If you search for your username using the old search function, it will find all the posts where you have been quoted (along with any posts where your username has just been mentioned). Vanity searches aren't possible with the new search, with regards to finding when you have been quoted at least.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I think that it would be a good idea if you could opt to receive a notification by email or somewhere on boards when you are quoted.

+1

I was about to suggest this too.
    Can't be that hard to implement.

Everytime a post is made, search for a quote within the content and sent a link to the quote owner if they have a setting in their user profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Hah! I was just wondering the very same thing myself and was going to start a thread about it, I'd imagine most people have email notification turned off as it fills up very quickly and it can be quite easy to miss a reply to a post.

Advertisement