Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interleaving ???

Options
  • 01-07-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

My router always displayed "Fastpath" and then one day it changed to "Interleave" , So since that happened (about 3 or 4 months ago) Ive rang Eircom 3 times about lowering my latency so my router will read "Fastpath" instead of "Interleave". And each time they told me that they had adjusted my profile... But the change does not appear at my end. !!!

Pings to eircom.net used to be 14ms now they are 32ms since the change to "Interleave"

Could someone please look into this for me.

all the best,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

_John C wrote: »
    My router always displayed "Fastpath" and then one day it changed to "Interleave" , So since that happened (about 3 or 4 months ago) Ive rang Eircom 3 times about lowering my latency so my router will read "Fastpath" instead of "Interleave". And each time they told me that they had adjusted my profile... But the change does not appear at my end. !!!

Pings to eircom.net used to be 14ms now they are 32ms since the change to "Interleave"

Could someone please look into this for me.

all the best,
    John

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.

I don't know if there's any more we can do than Broadband Technical Support. The latter can make more definitive decisions on any technical matters, including changing the interleaving, where possible.
    If you PM your home phone number, I can look up at their logged case history on this problem and refer you to this.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.

I don't know if there's any more we can do than Broadband Technical Support. The latter can make more definitive decisions on any technical matters, including changing the interleaving, where possible.
    If you PM your home phone number, I can look up at their logged case history on this problem and refer you to this.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi, Can i get mine looked into too. I asked for interleaving to be turned down/off a few times on my line as I game online a lot., but the router is currently set to 'interleave'

Regards
    Padraigh

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

Thanks for your help Ant, Just rang broadband support. They said it would be sorted within 15 minutes. So Ill let you know what happens.

Still no change at 10:30 so I rang support again and the guy on support said it might be done at 11:15 he told me that he changed my profile from "L1" to "L2"... 11:42 now and still on "Interleave"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

_John C wrote: »
    Still no change at 10:30 so I rang support again and the guy on support said it might be done at 11:15 he told me that he changed my profile from "L1" to "L2"... 11:42 now and still on "Interleave"

Hi thanks again,

I can confirm that your broadband sync and connection is now setup on L2. I don't see any logs or requests on your case history with Technical support. However it would appear to have been changed as you requested.

Again as said before, I think at this stage it would be best that you deal with Technical Support directly. Technical Support willl have direct access to senior broadband support when you are on the phone - and they can ensure any changes made or requested will be done when you are on the phone.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, in case you need to follow up on this. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I can look at this as well.

All the best,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Ok thanks Ant, Ill ring them again.

all the best,
    john

Advertisement