Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Clancy Festival 2011

Options
  • 01-07-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey all, i hope theres not another thread already made. Apologies if there is...

Just wondering is there many people heading to Miltown Malbay this week for the fest? Going up for the week working and taking it all in. Love this festival and think it never gets enough notice...although there is going to be no shortage of revellers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Would love to go but will be working all week. *sigh* Something always gets in the way of me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

yeah they say the week is better for music. weekend is just drunken madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I love this festival :)
    It's brilliant for music. I did the classes two years ago and would highly recommend them. But ya the weekend can be rough :(
    And I don't think there was as many around last year as there was the previous years. Hopefully it will draw a big crowd this year though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I turn into a widow for 10 days each July as my hubby vanishes to Miltown for Willie Week :rolleyes:

The first weekend and the first week is the best, the last weekend is non stop drinking & general rowdiness
    Having said that the gardai will be maintaining a visible at night so i wouldn't see there being much trouble just the usual few lads acting the tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

ive been there all week no hassle at all going there in a few mins then to murtys for 5 bands an a pig this eve classs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

you may be interested in www.tradconnect.com Its for people that play and love the music. Cheers Tony

Enough of the spam please, you've even dug up old threads to advertise your site. A simple post would have been enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

and every year the rumour goes out that this was the last ever willie week, no more grants etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Cracking festival, it was my first time down there, and I'd agree with what some others have said, that there was definitely a different crowd down there by the second weekend, a lot of musicians left on the Friday, brilliant nonetheless.

Advertisement