Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are lupins bee friendly?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I think the title asks the question. Trying to make the garden bee friendly. They are going to the sage and thyme flowers a lot. Just wondering if lupins are also good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

the bees will love them,but the greenfly are a scourge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

horse7 wrote: »
    the bees will love them,but the greenfly are a scourge.

Just spray the greenfly with soapy water!

Or squish them between your fingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Very entertaining watching a bee go into lupin flowers! Second only to snapdragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I think the title asks the question. Trying to make the garden bee friendly. They are going to the sage and thyme flowers a lot. Just wondering if lupins are also good?

Have you included any of the Scabiosas?: http://www.owenchubblandscapers.com/news/?p=3085

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think flowes with a single layer of petals are easier for bees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've had lupins for over 10 years and the bumblebees just love them. Never had any greenflies or other insects either

Advertisement