Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen

Options
  • 01-07-2011 7:02pm

So, who's going working in the medic tents this year?

I should be there, holidays from work booked ages ago! :D

Miss the acts? Well yeah, but the experience will be something else!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i won tickets for oxegen, first time going! looking forward to whole experience! hope the rain stays away or i just might pack it up and head home!

That's grand rebel, but I'm on about those working at Oxegen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

apologies pal, fair play to you for working, hope i dont end up in the medics tent!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

a fair few of the OMAC members who post here will be there in the arena medic tents myself included. You CD lot out in the campsites again?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

sadface. ircs have to wait until picnic. at least i hope we're covering it again.

• Advertisement

Yep, we're out there AFAIK.

I hate to rain on the Red's parade, but talk is we're returning to Picnic. But that could be just talk now.

I'd really love to see all three at both of these events, IMO there's plenty of work to go around.

I hate to rain on the Red's parade, but talk is we're returning to Picnic. But that could be just talk now.

I'd really love to see all three at both of these events, IMO there's plenty of work to go around.

Agreed there is plenty to go around like how Slane works etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Numbers have been cut back over the last few years. It will probably be a local unit only gig with a few lucky other units invited in from afield. There is plenty of work for more people but thats the way it is.

Castlebar and Wexford unit are coming to boost the local members from Naas, Newbridge and Monasterevan.

Covering main stage this year. Should be fun. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

MOD NOTE

To any members of the Voluntary Services please bear in mind, if your unit or organisation has a code of conduct about releasing confidential information do not post any of that information here.

As...

1. You will be in breach of the forum charter
    2. You can be held liable for leaked information and also be dealt with under your Services disciplinary code.

So in essence you could get banned from here and also get in a lot of trouble at work!

Double Trouble.

Chief---

OK, to clarify further, I originally looked to see what individual boardsies were coming. If things such as which units are going and which organisation goes where are against charter, then so be it. I'm surprised to think that they'd be verboten, but if they are, then they're unwelcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Kromdar wrote: »
    sadface. ircs have to wait until picnic. at least i hope we're covering it again.

CD will be covering the picnic if they do not ask for too much money. it was cheaper to get another organisation last year. just like its cheaper to have a UK firm do the fire duty at oxegen

from what Im hearing neither CD or IRC are covering it this year

miju wrote: »
    from what Im hearing neither CD or IRC are covering it this year

Odd, got a mail from my unit officer today saying that we're covering it, and asking for volunteers. Guess it's on.

Odd, got a mail from my unit officer today saying that we're covering it, and asking for volunteers. Guess it's on.

That is strange alright must have misheard from my understanding the Johns are looking after the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Ive heard from many people in Johns that they got EP and that CD asked for 2 much money again

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

That is strange alright must have misheard from my understanding the Johns are looking after the arena.

That would be correct if the name was correct :confused:

Tripp wrote: »
    Ive heard from many people in Johns that they got EP and that CD asked for 2 much money again

Yeah thats what I thought alright which is why I found Kromdars post very strange.

Open to correction but AFAIK it's the Johnnies in the arena and OMAC in the camping.

correction to that, we were asked to be on standby it seems. i'm used to getting mail about actual duties. but this one contained the phrases 'should we get it' and 'in the event that we are covering it'. mea culpa. anyway best of luck to whoever gets it. its quite the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Nowt to do with CD looking for too much money, more about a falling out between CD and the organisers. Long story.

civdef wrote: »
    Nowt to do with CD looking for too much money, more about a falling out between CD and the organisers. Long story.

Heard a bit about that alright
    correction to that, we were asked to be on standby it seems.

easily happens I guess, afaik IRC didnt put in for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement