Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good doctor in Sligo town

Options
  • 01-07-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Sligo town start of August and will have to change my doctor. By then I will be around 15 weeks pregnant. Can anyone recommend a good doctor to hopefully go to?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Frank Hayes is who I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Stay away from Tansey whatever you do. Haggard aul yoke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

+1 on Frank Hayes, he's an excellent doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Ray Westby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

We have been using the Mall Family Practice for years Siobhan McCormac is great but the others are also good in there too. Also Pauline the nurse is also excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    I'm moving to Sligo town start of August and will have to change my doctor. By then I will be around 15 weeks pregnant. Can anyone recommend a good doctor to hopefully go to?
    Thanks

Hi ya, Margaret Connolly on Hight Street is pretty good, shes a bit of a looper but knows her stuff, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Hi I've moved to North Sligo and currently pregnant. Can anyone recommend a nice GP to register with in Drumcliff/Grange/Cliffoney area? Your help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

try drumcliff family practise across from davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Just on a general note: Its a good few months away, but the numerous Parent and Toddler groups in Sligo Town and County are a great way to meet new friends, and get a bit of a breather, a welcome cup of coffee and chat to new mums (and some dads), especially if you are new to town, and havent got immediate family support to give you a hand.

You'll make friends for life, guaranteed...best wishes with the move and Welcome to you, and the new, wee Sligonians:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I had a baby few weeks ago and went to Dr Tansey is Sligo town. She seems like bit of a b***h but is a really good doctor :)
    Also the parent and toddler groups are great there is also Le Leche breastfeeding meeting once a month and a coffee morning with the same group once a month, the love to see pregnant people come to the meetings I found it great to get some good info and advice on breastfeeding before I gave birth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Congratulations !! Fabulous times ahead. My kids are well grown up now, but we still have our friends from the parent and toddler groups. Make sure you arrange a regular night out with the girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Thanks so much for the great advice. Settling in nicely now!!! Thanks everybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone can recommend good Gynecologist in Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭redcatstar

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks

dr berni o connor health centre barrack st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

redcatstar wrote: »
    dr berni o connor health centre barrack st
    That was last Aug. I'd say she's sorted by now. :cool:

Advertisement