Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up!! Shuttle Documentary Tonight 01:00 - 02:30.

Options
  • 01-07-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Many of you have already seen the 14 minute preview (below) of the documentary.Well tonight's the night. This will probably be NASA's last big documentary tribute to the Space Shuttle Program. I have no intention of missing it and I just hope it's good quality and based on what I saw from the preview it is. I honestly cannot wait to see the full feature. Have a look at the preview. :)

The documentary will be streamed online here. Something tells me those of you who are awake and online at this hour should definitely give it a peek.:)

Edit: Starting in less than 30 mins!

You can watch the full documentary live here[SD]
    HD Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anybody watching this?
    pretty good so far :)

Oh God Challenger. Oh noes.:(
    Horrible

Pretty good, very much liked it. Major Gripe for me was they didn't focus that much on the 2nd hubble repair mission.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Did not get to see it last night but I see it is repeated during the week so hope to catch it then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Malty_T wrote: »
    Oh God Challenger. Oh noes.:(
    Horrible

The face of the parents and relatives looking at Challenger after exploding is some of the worst scenes ever on TV. Truly shocking to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,882 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=98893091

The documentary in full for those who haven't seen it.

BTW Beeker love the sig.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Just watched it. I must say it was very well put together. Some beautiful footage from years ago and a great story told very well. Pity they did not show some more background stuff or more from the flights to MIR and the early assembly of the ISS, but I guess having to fit 30 years into 80 minutes is not easy:)
    Overall I liked it, very positive as you would expect as it was produced for NASA. Hopefully we will get to see some more from independent sources over the next few months.

Beeker wrote: »
    Just watched it. I must say it was very well put together. Some beautiful footage from years ago and a great story told very well. Pity they did not show some more background stuff or more from the flights to MIR and the early assembly of the ISS, but I guess having to fit 30 years into 80 minutes is not easy:)
    Overall I liked it, very positive as you would expect as it was produced for NASA. Hopefully we will get to see some more from independent sources over the next few months.

Yeah I can't wait to see some more independent documentaries. Given how terrible some of the ones on the Columbia disaster were though I'll be a bit wary first. Hopefully Nat Geo or Discovery can get one out before History, Fox (Fox's did we go to the moon anyone? :rolleyes:) or some other mainstream channel make a mucked up one.
    I also agree that I was disappointed that they didn't focus more on more background stuff, but my biggest gripe was their lack of focus on complexity and conveying just how complicated and risky an Astronauts' job is. :)

Malty_T wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wait to see some more independent documentaries. Given how terrible some of the ones on the Columbia disaster were though I'll be a bit wary first. Hopefully Nat Geo or Discovery can get one out before History, Fox (Fox's did we go to the moon anyone? :rolleyes:) or some other mainstream channel make a mucked up one.
    I also agree that I was disappointed that they didn't focus more on more background stuff, but my biggest gripe was their lack of focus on complexity and conveying just how complicated and risky an Astronauts' job is. :)
    Got to keep it simple for the general Joe on the street. Still a good effort overall.
    I know what you mean about some documentaries, I hate to see inaccurate information and I despise anything from Fox:mad:

Full documentary is now available on youtube.
    (Embedded here for ease of access :))

• Advertisement
Advertisement