Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Sizing

• 01-07-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi all, Is anyone riding a Canyon Ultimate CF 8. Size 60 or 62, I just have a few questions. If anyone is 6ft 3ish what size did they go for. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Canyon Perfect Position System It's perfect. It's gotta be, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Lemag wrote: »
    Canyon Perfect Position System It's perfect. It's gotta be, right?

Lots of debate about it, I'm trying to get away with the 60cm to get a lower front position but the 62 is probably nearer to my current bike. With the canyon PPS it works out 62 but if I change my inseam by 1 cm a 60 comes up, thats why it would be good to hear from someone of similar size.

Well I'm at the opposite end of the size scale to you. When I got my CF last year the 50 was recommended to me by Canyon's bike fit calculator. I went for the 52 as it was closer to the bike which I'd been riding. I think that the 50 would have suited me also and I don't regret going for the 52. I have recently moved the spacers above the stem for a lower front position.

If you are not familiar with the Weight Weenies Forum it might be worth your while to check it out. Plenty of Canyon owners there to canvas for opinions and experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

Hi, I am same height and went for a 58. Its perfect. Hope this helps. Go for it.Cracking bike. If you can get a bargain basement one with the Mavic SL wheelset and Ultegra groupset.Enjoy.

Roadrat wrote: »
    Hi, I am same height and went for a 58. Its perfect. Hope this helps. Go for it.Cracking bike. If you can get a bargain basement one with the Mavic SL wheelset and Ultegra groupset.Enjoy.

Not sure if the ultimate cf 8 would be bargain basement, :eek: my last bike was 700bucks. Thanks for reply. I think I,ll settle on the 60.

• Advertisement

nophd08 wrote: »
    Not sure if the ultimate cf 8 would be bargain basement, :eek: my last bike was 700bucks. Thanks for reply. I think I,ll settle on the 60.
    I think that Roadrat was alluding to the Outlet Section where there is a test riden CF 8.0 size 62 for €1849. If you'd consider Compagnolo you could get the CF 7.0 with Athena for €1899 and a load of free stuff - computer, 2 bottle cages, multi tool, mini pump and 2 bottles. The 7.0 is available 4 weeks earlier than the 8.0 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

@nophd08: which size did you get in the end? I'm 6'3" and considering a Canyon. Not sure if I am a 60 or a 62.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Raam wrote: »
    @nophd08: which size did you get in the end? I'm 6'3" and considering a Canyon. Not sure if I am a 60 or a 62.

Im 6'2" and im getting a 60cm Canyon Ulitmate CF delivered to me in the next day or two! My current bike is a 62 and is way too big for me (sold to me by local LBS :mad: my first bike i didnt know anything) . Canyon's sizing calculator would recommend a 62 for me also (90cm inside leg) but that would be definately too big for me.

I think the thing that you need to consider most is the effective top tube lenght. My current 62 cm bike is 593mm whereas the 60cm canyon will be 575mm and thats roughly what i think i need. Find out what the effective top tube lenght is on your current bike or a bike you know fits you, and then order the equivalent Canyon size, that would be my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hossbox

I'm 6'2" and went for the 62, it's slightly too big for me.
    If I was to get it again i'd go for the 60.

Raam wrote: »

I didnt order one yet, still waiting on the big sale..:D I think the new model is out soon, but I was probably going to order the 62. Measure the top tube on your current bike and compare.
    I currently have an XL giant defy and it fits like a glove so the canyon 62 is within a few mm, but if you prefer a "sportier" set up then I would go for a 60.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Saw the new Ultimate AL on Twitter. New BB 86 bottom bracket and internal cabling. Doubt they'll keep it at the same price point as the 2011 model. Just how much do you reckon Canyon will knock their 2011 bikes if this sale goes ahead?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Keeping an eye on the site as im in the market for 2 Roadlites but a lot of their bikes are sold out so I wonder how many they will have available to do a big sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm toying with the idea of a Canyon CF SLX 8.0 Dura Ace or a Cannondale Supersix Ultegra. I'm a big fan of Cannondales (owner of a Six13) but the Canyon has me torn. My head says Canyon but my heart says Cannondale. What do you guys think?

172465.png

172469.JPG

(maybe put Fulcrum Zero's on the Cannondale)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of a Canyon CF SLX 8.0 Dura Ace or a Cannondale Supersix Ultegra. I'm a big fan of Cannondales (owner of a Six13) but the Canyon has me torn. My head says Canyon but my heart says Cannondale. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't get a pure black Cannondale. The appeal of Cannondale's is partly the nice paintjobs.

This looks good and is decent value:

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/bikes-c5/road-bikes-c18/cannondale-super-six-105-team-replica-road-bike-2011-p88430

The FSA chainsets are better looking than the Ultegra ones, IMO.

2011-cannondale-supersix-5-105-2.jpg

This one looks even better... ;)

2012-cannondale-supersix-evo-road-bike-team.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

The EVO is supposed to be sublime to ride but mucho moolah.

I like the team colours but can't get an Ultegra one. Maybe in their 2012 range. I quite like the black and while thing going on though.

Advertisement