Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Walsh

• 01-07-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0701/walshl.html
    Louis Walsh has started legal proceedings against the publishers of the The Sun newspaper, the X Factor judge's legal team has confirmed.

The title published allegations made by a 24-year-old man which were subsequently found to be untrue.

'I would confirm that we are today issuing legal proceedings against the publishers of The Sun newspaper following last week's publication of an article containing defamatory allegations of the most serious nature, which have since been admitted to be totally false, as my client had been robustly maintaining from the outset,' Paul Tweed of Johnson's Law said in a statement released this afternoon.

'This outrageous story has caused Louis Walsh considerable distress and embarrassment.

'Louis has always been regarded as one of the most decent men in the entertainment industry, and what he has been put through is inexcusable.

'We will be taking action in relation to the damage inflicted on Louis' reputation and for the gross infringement of his fundamental right to personal privacy.

'We are also continuing to investigate other equally serious issues relating to the circumstances under which these false allegations came to be put in the public domain.'

I'm curious as to what his case could be against this particular paper. The story was in a number of papers and the reports merely stated that allegations had been made, which was true. Unless The Sun in some way confirmed the story I can't see how defamation would come into play here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Honest opinion defence would be available to the paper I would imagine!

Advertisement