Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to give notice?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I'm currently working for a company on a casual contract lucky to get 40 hours per week.I've been offered a full time position but I have to start on Monday at 2pm.
    I plan to go an see my boss and tell him the situation on mon morn and the reason why I can't give him a weeks notice.

I'm due 2 weeks wages and I've also 12 days holidays built up.is there any way my boss could not pay me my wages or pay me for my holidays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

groomek wrote: »
    I'm currently working for a company on a casual contract lucky to get 40 hours per week.I've been offered a full time position but I have to start on Monday at 2pm.
    I plan to go an see my boss and tell him the situation on mon morn and the reason why I can't give him a weeks notice.

I'm due 2 weeks wages and I've also 12 days holidays built up.is there any way my boss could not pay me my wages or pay me for my holidays?

They will pay you. what is most likely to happen is your boss will use your holiday days towards notice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

They will pay you. what is most likely to happen is your boss will use your holiday days towards notice given.

+1 Yes, that would be my expectation also.

Advertisement