Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal drivers slurred.....grrrr

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

After a month here I'd have to agree :D
    I joke I joke:p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ghost_of_ED209

Dunno what your beef is.. It's true, Donegal drivers are terrible nutters on the road...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Dunno what your beef is.. It's true, Donegal drivers are terrible nutters on the road...
    Hurrah for sweeping generalisations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

thought this was going to be about drunk drivers being pulled in donegal, and slurring "GrrrrrRRrr" at the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm sure you'll find another thread where they'll say DL cars dont exist, since up here we all drive around in NI reg cars:rolleyes:

Buying a car based on where the car was first register 3/5/10 years ago is moronic, but thats for a different thread;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    Buying a car based on where the car was first register 3/5/10 years ago is moronic, but thats for a different thread;).

Totally agree Senna, the general concencous on that thread is mind boggling! The way i always seen things up our end is to avoid D reg cars at all costs, 75% of D reg cars in dealer forecourts outside of Dublin are ex-hire cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

iv always maintained dublin drivers are the worst and 4 years of college there has only made me more convinced. the difference is a donegal driver is doing 100kmph so when something goes wrong its far more likely to be fatal. lots of deaths increases the bad rep. the dubs probably do about a average of 30kmph (as in im faster on my mountain bike) and then when they get above it they are on a motorway where you are 6times less likely to crash than a single carrigeway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I live in Letterkenny, I can back that most of the drivers here are a danger to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Flibbles wrote: »
    I live in Letterkenny, I can back that most of the drivers here are a danger to everyone!

I live there too and the vast vast majority of drivers are fine. A handful are bad.

Alright, most was an exaggeration, but I've seen some horrific driving in this town. One old woman who just kept going came to mind. Round roundabouts, driving down the middle of the road, went up a one way road, and continued on as if she couldn't hear the people beeping and shouting.

• Advertisement

I'm suprised there aren't more accidents with those stupid roundabouts.. The ones thatare just painted on the road! Old Dunnes roundabout is a deathtrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

I have driven all over the country and we are no worse (in general) that anywhere else. They say the roads are bad up here... and to a certain extent they are. But I have drive through Dublin regularly and the surfaces on the roads there is awfull as well. I'd far rather have a DL car than a D one.

Old dunnes roundabout is the scariest bit of road I've seen in my life. Every driver just thinks "sod it I'll go, everyone else can wait".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

sollar wrote: »
    I live there too and the vast vast majority of drivers are fine. A handful are bad.
    I Live there too & the drivers in Donegal in general are a nightmare they dont know what indicators are for & dont get me started on the wee eejit boy racers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I Live there too & the drivers in Donegal in general are a nightmare they dont know what indicators are for & dont get me started on the wee eejit boy racers :mad:

You see this in every county in equal measure. Not just Donegal.

Why would you rather a DL than a D Reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ghost_of_ED209

byte wrote: »
    Hurrah for sweeping generalisations!

Thanks for the hurrah... You really shouldn't have... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I drive from LK to coleraine nearly every day and i tell you, DL drivers ain't a patch on the ones in the north..

Talk about death traps and speeding, irresponsible overtaking and OVERTAKING ON A ROUNDABOUT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Flibbles wrote: »
    Old dunnes roundabout is the scariest bit of road I've seen in my life".

The 'Magic Roundabout' in Cork springs to mind...

Firblog wrote: »
    The 'Magic Roundabout' in Cork springs to mind...

I had to google it to find out what it was, and found this.

I rounded you every morning
    My heart was in my mouth
    To see women crying
    and grown men with such shout

I regulary wondered about you
    did it get you down at all
    to see the crashes, and the splashes
    and the traffic at a crawl

I know it wasnt your fault
    Michael martin got his way
    a flyover versus a cardiac unit?
    we dont have money hed say

But thats where we'd all end up
    if the flyover wasnt in place
    cause to use that roundabout daily
    twould make you mad in the face

But now youll become so much quiet
    a flash point or two a week
    youll remember the busy dfays fondly
    and incident youll find you seek

maybe theyll paint you new lines
    maybe theyll take ur lights down
    and then again maybe theyll fix
    the lane that disapears, on your way to town

so the magic roundabouts gone
    the magic has all but dispearsed
    and i for one will remember it
    and every single ****er i cursed

Sounds like a pretty nasty roundabout :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I drive from LK to coleraine nearly every day and i tell you, DL drivers ain't a patch on the ones in the north..

Talk about death traps and speeding, irresponsible overtaking and OVERTAKING ON A ROUNDABOUT!!!

True. Some rush hour drivers are downright aggressive....needlessly so, imo.

Advertisement