Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 01-07-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Ive searched but cant find any recent threads on them apart from the internet issues one, just wondering if theres a catch with this double credit thing and if not why isnt the whole country switching over? Does it expire after a certain amount of time or something?

My mother needs a new phone and shes a very infrequent user, just a few calls and texts a week, definitely no data, is Tesco cheaper/more expensive than O2 for someone like her? Ill switch her if they're similar and theres no catch to this credit thing. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I'm trying them out now - bought a SIM for €2.50 added a tenner in credit and bought 1gig of data for €6.99.

I have €37odd left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, Ive searched but cant find any recent threads on them apart from the internet issues one, just wondering if theres a catch with this double credit thing and if not why isnt the whole country switching over? Does it expire after a certain amount of time or something?

My mother needs a new phone and shes a very infrequent user, just a few calls and texts a week, definitely no data, is Tesco cheaper/more expensive than O2 for someone like her? Ill switch her if they're similar and theres no catch to this credit thing. Thanks.

It's a really good deal. Your free credit expires after 30 days but if you top up by 10, you get 10 free and the free credit is used first. So after 30 days you'll still have your original €10 if you haven't used up your free credit!!!!

The only deal breaker for me is there is a min call cost of 1 minute or 20c before per second billing kicks in. This might be fine for some but I'd make a lot more very short calls than long calls. Have you a friend who works for tesco??? Staff get triple credit for themselves and 4 friends or family!!!

Here's some info from their website:

With Tesco Mobile you get Double Credit every time you top up by €10, €20 or €30.
    You'll get your bonus credit when you activate your top up
    Bonus credit will be applied whenever you activate a €10, €20 or €30 top up.
    Here's how your Double Credit works
    Your bonus credit lasts for 30 days. Any unused bonus credit as part of the Double Value Credit for Life Offer will expire after 30 days and will not be carried over. You can check your balance for free from your mobile whenever you want by pressing *100# and send.
    Your bonus credit automatically gets used first
    The top up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires. Remember your normal top up lasts for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks a million for that Jarvis, so thats it then no hidden price gouging on calls to other networks etc? I might switch her over so, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had a three bill phone and paid €19 for 90 mins.

I though that was pretty good, but on Tesco I put in €10 and get 150 mins (30.00/ 20c), with the staff thing I'll get €20 credit for every €10 I put in.

Plus I got €20 when I moved my number over.

It cost me €15 to unlock my three phone.

I mostly make calls.

Advertisement