Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bales wrapped per hour

• 01-07-2011 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

One for the wrapper drivers.
    Today I wrapped 55 bales in 1 hour, out around a field, not lined up.
    Using a 1991 Case 895 and a 1998 Conor wrapper, cable controls!
    Post up your own times and what you used, and be honest!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Just yesterday,John Deere 6530 and a McHale HS2000
    98 bales in 57 minutes, scattered not lined up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

ford 7610 n mchale wrapper cable control, 70 an hour scattered in field

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Lambo 874-90GP Mchale 991B 70/hour scattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddy reilly

Valtra 8150 with powershuttle and mc hale 991bjs best ever 85 in rows can average 70 an hour scattered in the field. Went to do a bit of wraping yesterday afternoon started at 3 o clock wraped 85 bales then drove 5 miles down the road stoped at a shop and had an ice cream along the way wraped 150 bales stood talking to the farmer for a few mins gone out the gate at twenty to 7. An average of 65 bales an hour which i thought wasnt bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

with the gear I'm using I'd be happy to do 60+ in an hour scattered. Game on for the 2nd cuts! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

lads ye are making a bomb out of this wraping,that about e150+ an hour. time to start cutting those rates me thinks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I was drawing bales today that I wrapped yesterday. All went well with about 27 bales left to draw. I had to clear a few things in the yard to make room for more bales, it took about an hour. When I arrived back in the field it was black with crows, they had the bales destroyed with holes :eek: I had to start on the silage tape. There wasn't a crow to be seen before dinner and the bales were intact until they decided to launch their attack around 4.30:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

I have baled and wrapped 60 bales in an hour with a Fendt 716 and Fusion 2 baler. Back in the older days when i was just wrapping, John Deere 2650 and conor wrapper. She kicks into auto after 3 turns, so maybe thats kinda cheating. 70 an hour no bother. Only problem was not going too fast and keeping the bales on the table some times.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

keep going wrote: »
    lads ye are making a bomb out of this wraping,that about e150+ an hour. time to start cutting those rates me thinks;)

I average about 7 bales an hour so :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

13spanner wrote: »
    One for the wrapper drivers.
    Today I wrapped 55 bales in 1 hour, out around a field, not lined up.
    Using a 1991 Case 895 and a 1998 Conor wrapper, cable controls!
    Post up your own times and what you used, and be honest!

I seem to be following 13spanner around here on the wrapper threads :D

55-58 bales per hour using a Ford 4600 and a kneverland with an all electric control either scattered or drawn into rows with one of the keltec style bale trailers. I preferred wrapping in the field though, generally faster - that was in the mid 90's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

John deere 6610 and new tanco 1400 wrapper did 42 bales in 25 minutes scattered the other day, was able to do 75 bales in 45 minutes with the 991bjs and 6610 scattered....depending on the form:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

All these bales per hour, just proving the contracators are absolutely creaming it.
    €9.50. cut baled and wrapped. I pay for wrap. I stack.
    Total time contractor spent in my farm was 2.5 hours mowing. 4.5 hours baling and wrapping with McHale combined baler and wrapper. Thats 7 hours for 112 bales at €9.5 per bale = €1008 total for 7 hours work = €144 per hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Tora Bora wrote: »
    €144 per hour.

Hardly "creaming it" when you consider the outlay for machines, labour, repairs, diesel and wet weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Price around. Im in Westmeath and go cut, bailed & wrapped for €8.50. (i provided wrap & stacked) The contractor even took my nephew to mow and wrap and then put him onto the tractor to bale for a while. Made his day.

Price around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

John deere 6610 and new tanco 1400 wrapper did 42 bales in 25 minutes scattered the other day, was able to do 75 bales in 45 minutes with the 991bjs and 6610 scattered....depending on the form:D

Fair good going with the Mchale wrapper. Think it is kinda cheating with the Tanco 1400 wrapper though cause you have double wrapper ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Tora Bora wrote: »
    All these bales per hour, just proving the contracators are absolutely creaming it.
    €9.50. cut baled and wrapped.
    Sure tis easy talk. Buy a decent baler, mower, wrapper and tractors to drive all 3. Then pay for diesel, parts and wages. Add on the long days. Finally count in the hassle of actually getting the money off people. Not exactly creaming it in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

barryoc1 wrote: »
    Fair good going with the Mchale wrapper. Think it is kinda cheating with the Tanco 1400 wrapper though cause you have double wrapper ;)
    Well they were bales of haylage with the mchale in a perfectly level field which helps a lot and the hydraulics are very fast and the shuttle and powerquad helps a lot so I had everything going my way in fairness, The tanco takes the hard work out of it..No more bales flying off the wrapper:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

Anyone wrap with tanco 1320 eh, that's the one mounted on a loader

Advertisement