Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time building a Pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Ichirau

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    No what he meant was the version your buying is the German version and there isn't a language selection option when installing it, so if you use that Win7 disc your gonna have to learn German.

There is a simple solution, you must download the English version of windows from the net (deconduo always links to this one http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65733/X15-65733.iso) burn that image to a CD and install Windows from that disc. Then just enter the Licence Key you got with the German version and now you have a perfectly legal cheaper English version of Windows 7.

So are you sure that will work fine. I mean i don't want any message popping up in a few months saying this is not a legal copy or wrong serial key etc.. : /

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

It's perfectly legal. You are buying a Licence Key and there is nothing wrong with downloading the software instead of using the disc. You won't have any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Your key is what makes your copy official, legal and genuine - not the disc. But if you do download the disc, you should make sure that it is the original as packed by Microsoft and not a pirated/virused/"improved" copy.

Ok, thanks for your help :D. So i was talking to some friends about the motherboard i'm getting http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=43133&agid=1601

But they said get the z68 instead. There's 2 versions of the z68 i found and i don't know which is better : /

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=46912&agid=1603
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=46922&agid=1601

If i do get the z68 over the p67, i hope all the parts will still be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

The "M" stands for mini or micro. So it's a mATX board not a full ATX. Go for the full sized one as it's got more connectors and will have more space on it so RAM shouldn't be touching CPU heatsinks and that kinda thing.

Although I'm not fully sure of what the big differences are with the p67 and z68, but the z68 is the newer board.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    The "M" stands for mini or micro. So it's a mATX board not a full ATX. Go for the full sized one as it's got more connectors and will have more space on it so RAM shouldn't be touching CPU heatsinks and that kinda thing.

Although I'm not fully sure of what the big differences are with the p67 and z68, but the z68 is the newer board.

Z68 boards allow you to both overclock and use the onboard video. Addtionally they have support for write caching, where you can use a small SSD and a normal hard drive as one complete drive. This gives the advantage of having close to the speed of an SSD on a large hard drive.

deconduo wrote: »
    Z68 boards allow you to both overclock and use the onboard video. Addtionally they have support for write caching, where you can use a small SSD and a normal hard drive as one complete drive. This gives the advantage of having close to the speed of an SSD on a large hard drive.

I have no interest in overclocking, but should i still get it? The p67 has 2 more usb ports than the z68 aswell :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Ichirau wrote: »
    I have no interest in overclocking, but should i still get it?
    P67 is all about overclocking too. Still, €3 for a better board, deffo.
    Ichirau wrote: »
    The p67 has 2 more usb ports than the z68 aswell :/

Easily solvable with a PCI card. Anyway, what the hell do you plan on using more than 8 USB ports for?

P67 is all about overclocking too. Still, €3 for a better board, deffo.

Easily solvable with a PCI card. Anyway, what the hell do you plan on using more than 8 USB ports for?

I'll only need like 3/4 usb ports, so i'll pay the extra few euro for the board. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement