Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can receive but cant send email on Outlook 2007

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to set up email on a friends pc. When I test the account settings I'm getting an error saying mails cant be sent. I can set up the account using the exact same settings and client on my own pc and it works. Do you think its a firewall or anti virus software issue on his pc? tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What outgoing mail server are you using?

What ISP is your friend using?

The answers is in the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

both pcs are on 3 NBS. outgoing server is smtp and using default server port numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

its not a yahoo or gmail mail server either, its just a mail.mycompany.ie server so i suspect its to do with his anti virus, i'll need to check it to ensure its enabled to send mails. just wondered if anyone else came across this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3's outgoing mail server is "mail-relay.3ireland.ie"

Pop that in and it should work

Advertisement