Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alka Jessie - New Video

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stinkfisting

The video is decent. That still on the front of the video is actually an excellent band shot.

The recording is terrible.

The song itself is absolutely horrendous.

You have your priorities completely the wrong way round. Write better songs first. Then get a decent recording. Then look at making a video.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

The video is decent. That still on the front of the video is actually an excellent band shot.

The recording is terrible.

The song itself is absolutely horrendous.

You have your priorities completely the wrong way round. Write better songs first. Then get a decent recording. Then look at making a video.

I'd second that and only disagree that the still s good... the still has you all staring at your hands... that looks like you can barely play... the song simply re-enforces that notion...

constructive criticism: the first and biggest issue you guys have is timing... the drummer is frequently out of time... so how can the rest of you groove when their is no groove...

the video is pretty good though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The video's not good. None of the band look comfortable and it's got no rhythm to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Benedrum

Woah guys, chill! I don't think constructive criticism means "rip 'em to shreds".
    The recording is obviously a demo, and I personally think the song is quite catchy. IMO, like... The video is a little off time in parts, but overall I think the guys have their priorities right in order: do what you love if you can. Want to write a song and record it? DO it. How about making a video? Why not? They look like they're having loads of fun, and I am too, watching them! The trick is, fellas, not to take it all so seriously. Mmkay? Keep up the good work thecraic!!

Benedrum wrote: »
    Woah guys, chill! I don't think constructive criticism means "rip 'em to shreds".
    The recording is obviously a demo, and I personally think the song is quite catchy. IMO, like... The video is a little off time in parts, but overall I think the guys have their priorities right in order: do what you love if you can. Want to write a song and record it? DO it. How about making a video? Why not? They look like they're having loads of fun, and I am too, watching them! The trick is, fellas, not to take it all so seriously. Mmkay? Keep up the good work thecraic!!

If you ask for feedback you get feedback.

It's good of you to join Boards just to defend these guys, as this is your first and only post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Benedrum

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    If you ask for feedback you get feedback.

It's good of you to join Boards just to defend these guys, as this is your first and only post.

Clearly it says join date August 2010... Secondly i made this account only to us Adverts.ie, i've never used Boards till now. Yes, i agree, feedback is feedback, but if you don't like it, fine, say it, doesn't mean you have to rip it. Word it in an encouraging manner would be preferable. A new band should be encouraged, not put down. If you were told when you first started whatever you do for a hobby/what you enjoy, that you were **** and everything you did was wrong, how do you think you'd have felt? Its common courtesy to be polite, something the gross population of the internet don't have..
    Just grow up a bit, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

No more sniping guys.

Criticism was asked for and received.

If you have an issue with a post please use the report post function instead of dragging the thread off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm going to listen to this later and make a proper judgement.

I've heard it now. I wondered what it was going to sound like. I certainly wasn't expecting a 70s funk / blues type song, so for that alone you get points.

The recording is weird. Can you tell us a little about it? Where it was done, etc? Especially the vocals. I'm not sure if they are meant to sound like that, or just ended up sounding that way?

Yeah major timing and rhythm problems, but the video itself isn't the worst thing I've ever seen - obviously you know someone who can edit - but it confuses me. Why are you all playing acoustic guitars, when the song uses electric and wah wah guitars? Also for the next video, think about your clothes - maybe the "Will work for beer" hoodie wasn't the best choice. And is that a wallet on the snare at 1.55?

The bass line could be good if it was on a different song, played by other people. That's the only positive thing I can really say.

Benedrum wrote: »
    Clearly it says join date August 2010... Secondly i made this account only to us Adverts.ie, i've never used Boards till now.

Hey aren't you selling this kit on adverts? http://www.adverts.ie/drums-percussion/tama-superstar-custom-hyperdive/691156

Isn't that the same kit that's in that video?

• Advertisement

Hey aren't you selling this kit on adverts? http://www.adverts.ie/drums-percussion/tama-superstar-custom-hyperdive/691156

Isn't that the same kit that's in that video?

So the one guy defending it turns out, despite what he claimed, to be the drummer in the band?

Why am I not surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I enjoyed the song and video, love the car park ;)

Advertisement