Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen Weekend + Its affect on Naas Traffic?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

I didn't think this belonged in the Oxegen Q+A thread??

Just quick question really on whether or not there is a need to stock up on necessities and lock myself in the house for the weekend?

It's my first year living here, so I don't know.

Traffic was crazy during the races there recently.
    It took me 30 minutes to get through the town one evening.

And Oxegen is on a larger scale, so this is why I'm thinking of becoming house bound next week.

Will there be a need do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Kinda depends where you are in Naas. I only moved here last year,but we live just off the Blessington Road and had no major problems. Only issue was getting in the Dublin rd took a fair while with all the buses. A lot may depend on the weather,Main St was packed with people last year who came into town for a break from the rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

I dont think there's a lot of noticeable delays..the traffic is not half as bad as it is for the races for some reason! there's certain times of the day when a lot of buses are leaving and they drive from the post office down the Blessington road and come back through the town on the road beside the lakes but apart from that it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Great news!
    They must just have a decent traffic strategy in place.

Thank you both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

In general Naas traffic is bad anyway for a litany of reasons. Oxegen is far better organsied that it used to be. However the town will be busier than normal.

Advertisement