Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Information Systems

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey guys im thinking about putting Business Information Systems as no.1 on my cao this year.Could someone please answer the following questions..

1. Is it a difficult course?

2.Which IT is the best for BIS?

3. Should the points go up again?(last year they went up 20 I think)

4.How many hours do students have in 1st year per week?

5. Is there labs etc. that must be attended?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dr.Dre wrote: »
    Hey guys im thinking about putting Business Information Systems as no.1 on my cao this year.Could someone please answer the following questions..

Thanks in advance :D

You have asked a lot of very vague questions. For example, how do you define difficult? I would find a course on nuclear physics difficult, but I would probably find a BIS course relatively easy.

How do you define the best IT? Facilities? Reputation? Lecturers? Public Transport? Nicest coffee? See my point?:)

The other questions really are dependent on the IT in questions - the most likely vary from one institute to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dr.Dre

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You have asked a lot of very vague questions. For example, how do you define difficult? I would find a course on nuclear physics difficult, but I would probably find a BIS course relatively easy.

How do you define the best IT? Facilities? Reputation? Lecturers? Public Transport? Nicest coffee? See my point?:)

The other questions really are dependent on the IT in questions - the most likely vary from one institute to another.

Ha sorry i see what you mean! Wrote it in kind of a hurry :)

Well lets forget difficult. How about effort/amount of study/attendance needed?

I did arts last year so overall not much effort was needed to pass the year.

Anyway to be honest I dont know much about the course so any info on it would be great guys.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Nope, it's actually quite easy. Think Business Studies with an IT slant.
    What difference does this make?
    ?
    They usually do maths/IT/accounting/economics/communcations/business so a busy year.
    Programming/databases/web design

@nolanger, Any ideas on the amount of hours? 15-20, 20-30 ?

Sorry really a stupid question to ask where is the best IT to attend for BIS. :rolleyes:

Sorry really a stupid question to ask where is the best IT to attend for BIS. :rolleyes:
    It doesn't matter where you go. It's a sh*t easy degree and you'll be trained to work in project management for computer systems. No employer will care which IT you went to anyway. If you are really worried about this then TCD is the best bet.

• Advertisement

Nolanger wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where you go. It's a sh*t easy degree and you'll be trained to work in project management for computer systems. No employer will care which IT you went to anyway. If you are really worried about this then TCD is the best bet.

Wait hold on a sec now. Its not a sh*t easy degree like you might think.

The drop out numbers are very high every year and I was even looking at a thread that one person said about 30 dropped out of it in their first year.

You think people are dropping out because it is too easy? No they aren't.

Do your research before you give out wrong information please :)

Wait hold on a sec now. Its not a sh*t easy degree like you might think.

The drop out numbers are very high every year and I was even looking at a thread that one person said about 30 dropped out of it in their first year.

You think people are dropping out because it is too easy? No they aren't.

Do your research before you give out wrong information please :)
    The reason the drop out numbers are so high is because these students go to crap IT colleges where they need 200 points to get in. Compared to computer science it's a piss easy degree. If you put in the work it's easy enough as you'll be doing lots of different business and computing subjects but nothing in too much detail. You should also consider doing this degree at nights instead of full time. TCD and DBS offer evening degrees in Business info systems.

Advertisement