Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handtec

• 02-07-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get a Garmin 500 from Handtec - but they ain't making it easy! They are insisting I provide some sort of authorisation code to prove I own the Visa card. MBNA insist that they dont have one - so stalemate. Handtec have charged my card but wont ship until I provide them with this 'proof'

Anyone had this out with Handtec and found a way around it? (other than PayPal, which it may yet come to....)

I've had about 4 back/forth email conversations with them at this stage and here's the latest.....
    "The bank auth/receipt code can be obtained from your bank or our payment system, the reason we ask for this is so we can be safe in the knowledge that you have had to pass stringent security checks by your bank and confirm a code which is normally readily available except for in the case of online purchases.

Please note the code is not of any real importance however is something we use to reference as proof of contact with your bank,"

:confused:

I know it's for protection of both parties, but I'm getting a bit pissed off at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a Garmin 500 from Handtec - but they ain't making it easy! They are insisting I provide some sort of authorisation code to prove I own the Visa card. MBNA insist that they dont have one - so stalemate. Handtec have charged my card but wont ship until I provide them with this 'proof'

Anyone had this out with Handtec and found a way around it? (other than PayPal, which it may yet come to....)

I've had about 4 back/forth email conversations with them at this stage and here's the latest.....
    "The bank auth/receipt code can be obtained from your bank or our payment system, the reason we ask for this is so we can be safe in the knowledge that you have had to pass stringent security checks by your bank and confirm a code which is normally readily available except for in the case of online purchases.

Please note the code is not of any real importance however is something we use to reference as proof of contact with your bank,"

:confused:

I know it's for protection of both parties, but I'm getting a bit pissed off at this stage.
    The specific transaction has an authorisation code, which MBNA/Visa should be able to provide.

Don't know the specifics but the transaction works by calculating a unique transaction code. This code tells the vendor that a valid payment processor has handled the transaction. It should theoretically not be possible for anyone but the bank to calculate the auth. code.

I've never heard of it used in reverse to verify the buyer, but it makes sense. I've heard MBNA can be difficult in customer services but they should be able to give you the auth code for the handtec transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭gearoidkerry

i had the the same problem last week and also with edge 500 i rang handtec and said wat the credit card compney had told me same as has told you,the answer i got is they just needed vareifaction,the edge arrived 3 days later,hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

do a price match with evans cycles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

or crc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

murph226 wrote: »
    or crc

No longer do price matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

mloc123 wrote: »
    No longer do price matches.
    that I did not know. Did they issue a statement/acknowledge the change in policy somewhere or did it just disappear from the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Thanks folks, I did eventually get thru to MBNA and got some sort of 'authorisation code' from them - still not sure its what Handtec want, but I'll persist with them one more time tomorrow and see what happens. As I saidm they've already charged my Visa account so I'll try to avoid rebates etc and see how I get on.

B

Advertisement