Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View laptop screen on tv.

Options
  • 02-07-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i have a laptop and a tv that both have the slots for the vga cable. I want to watch the haye/klitchsko fight on a live stream on my laptop cos i aint payin 26 quid. My question is can i watch the fight on my tv if i get a vga cable?? P.s will i need a separate cable for sound. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

AFAIK Vga only transfers video.

Do they happen to both have a hdmi slot by any longshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hdmi slot on tv only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Edit yes do you have a RGB channel?

You will need another supply for sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

What I do is connect with VGA to the TV. Then connect a set of speakers to the laptop put one behind each side of the TV, where its own speakers are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

VGA male to male lead for the video. And a lead with stereo 3.5mm jack plugs for the audio. I got one last week for neighbour next door which had the audio lead in the video cable, so each end of the cable had the vga male plugs and the 3.5mm stereo jack plugs from the same lead.

in my own house I put a vga socket behind my tv and one beside couch and wired 2 cat 5 cables between them for video and audio. Both sockets mounted onto blank plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭kirving

You are currently being tracked down by a team of assassins hired by Sky. Watch your back.

robbie7730 solution should work the best.

There is also a s- video slot in my tv if that helps.

Got vga cable in limerick city for 8 quid. And have speakers at home. Will that do the trick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes it should as long as both ends of the VGA lead are male, i.e. both plugs on the ends of the lead have pins.

A VGA monitor lead might have holes in one plug and pins in the other.

You can use the sound from the notebook speakers anyway. Movies need decent sound, but the fight would be fine with just the notebook anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

where are you getting the fight stream from ;)

• Advertisement

Just plugged vga cable into my laptop and my tv. Only my wallpaper is displayed on the tv screen. How will i fix this problem? I usually find a decent stream at www.myp2p.eu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fight here.
    Ah the joys of google.................

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=121555&part=sports

Anyone have any idea of how i can fix this problem. Deres a button on my laptop CRT/LCD
    Will that do anything useful

Sorted now guys. Jutmst pressed fn+crt/lcd and VOILA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The worst and most boring fight I have seen in a long long time.

Klitchko was like a statue all during the fight.

Hayes was and is a muppet of the highest order too.Constantly complaining to the ref.

Glad he lost,after all his silly time wasting antics at the start.

Advertisement