Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Manual League - Season 2

Options
  • 02-07-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭

Anybody interested in taking part in the next league, put you're details below along with your 4* or lower team selection...

Boards: Fowler87
    PSN: Haunis87
    Team pick: CSKA Moscow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Boards: bigred100
    PSN: BPK27
    Team: Sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Boards: Desire.
    PSN: ConorBuckleyKid-
    Team: Rubin Kazan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

when are you planning on starting this? i could be interested, tried to start one for xbox but no1 cares, i would need to find a cheap copy of fifa 11 on ps3 first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    when are you planning on starting this? i could be interested, tried to start one for xbox but no1 cares, i would need to find a cheap copy of fifa 11 on ps3 first though!

Over the next couple weeks I reckon. The other league is meant to be ending today but your more than welcome to take part in the next one. We have around 7 or 8 committed manual players already so the more the merrier... The other league went fairly well I suppose but hopefully this one wont go on for as long and everyone gets most of their games played..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Boards: Töpher
    PSN: Uroboric
    Team: Birmingham City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'll defo play again. Sign me up. And thanks for running this, we all appreciate it.

I'll have Napoli for a change. Even though Lazio served me well in the 1st season.

Boards: T-b0n3
    PSN: Adam-88-S
    Team: Napoli

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'll defo play again. Sign me up. And thanks for running this, we all appreciate it.

I'll have Napoli for a change. Even though Lazio served me well in the 1st season.

Boards: T-b0n3
    PSN: Adam-88-S
    Team: Napoli

Sure its no problem at all. Hopefully the next league can push on the interest further and I win it of course:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Boards: gillysome
    Psn: gillysome
    Pick: Dortmund( because their that damn good:pac:)

Gilly-09- wants to sign up again.

He's here now, I'm just too lazy to sign out.

Boards: -Gilly-09-
    PSN: Gillly09
    Team: Lille

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I'll be taking a break from this til September or so... good luck with the league!

• Advertisement

Aha Shake wrote: »
    I'll be taking a break from this til September or so... good luck with the league!

Cant hack it on manual, we all know the truth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Aha Shake wrote: »

Good luck in the premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

it was after the ps went down that time it lost its fluidity but id say from the start next time it will run smoothly - ill be Rangers again as i cant see anyone else wanting them :D:D
    Boards: philt27
    PSN: philt27
    Team:Rangers

Philt27 wrote: »
    it was after the ps went down that time it lost its fluidity but id say from the start next time it will run smoothly - ill be Rangers again as i cant see anyone else wanting them :D:D
    Boards: philt27
    PSN: philt27
    Team:Rangers

Yeah fingers crossed! Cheers philt for taking part again... Looks like the interest is still there. Would be great to get 10 taking part in the league again...

We have eight already, so it's looking good.

Hopefully, eventually, we'll have enough for two divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

bigred100 wrote: »
    Cant hack it on manual, we all know the truth ;)

I beat Napoli and Udinese :cool:

And mathematically I can still win the league :p

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

I'll be joining too. Can't be bothered to go on the PS3 tonight so I'll pick a team tomorrow.

Boards Manual League: Season 2

Rules
    1. No assistance allowed; including auto switching set to manual, auto switch move assistance to none and pass power assistance to off. Analog sprint, however should be set to ON.

2. Boards fifa rules charter to be acknowledged and implemented during the cup.

3. Each half to be 7 in game minutes, i.e 14 in game minutes.

4. Teams play each other twice (home and away) over the course of the league.

Amount of fixtures per week will depend on final numbers but more than likely 3 matches per week for each team.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

I choose PSG.

Decided to go with 2 matches per week instead of the 3 in the last league as it was a bit messy searching back for outstanding results. So wel have a total of 9 gameweeks which should lead us nicely into few weeks before fifa 12 release. Another thing.. would ye throw down the gameweek result when submitting results. SEASON 2 ON!

Gameweek 1

Dortmund v Birmingham City
    CSKA Moscow v Sunderland
    Rubin Kazan v Napoli
    Rangers v PSG
    Lille (bye)

Birmingham City v CSKA Moscow
    PSG v Lille
    Napoli v Rangers
    Sunderland v Rubin Kazan
    Dortmund (bye)

http://bml.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=8469734&psSelectedDivision=6996172&psSelectedLeague=4448772
    Dortmund - Gillysome
    CSKA - Fowler87
    Sunderland - Bigred
    Rubin Kazan - Desire
    Rangers - philt27
    Lille - gilly09
    Napoli - Adam-88-
    Birmingham - Topher
    PSG - phillyC

• Advertisement

Nice!

My PSN ID is no longer the same as the one at the beginning of this thread. Shouldn't matter though as I've added everyone already.

Gameweek 1

Birmingham (Topher) 0-1 CSKA Moscow (Haunis87)

gg man, probably just shaded it and sure ya cant beat a headed goal from a set piece (I dont score many headers so Il cherish that one) :pac: Im unbeaten:D

Aye, I wasn't at the races at all, you deserved the win. I've been trying to play with default formations and tactics the last few days, not changing stuff pre-KO, working out alright for the most part, but after that game I'm tempted to chalk it down as a failed experiment. If Birmingham played 3-4-3 by default, now then I'd be happy! :pac:

Töpher wrote: »
    Aye, I wasn't at the races at all, you deserved the win. I've been trying to play with default formations and tactics the last few days, not changing stuff pre-KO, working out alright for the most part, but after that game I'm tempted to chalk it down as a failed experiment. If Birmingham played 3-4-3 by default, now then I'd be happy! :pac:

Yeah, the last few games we played I was struggling to beat ya so was happy to get that win. Suppose any formation to suit that 7ft giant is probably the best:pac: I actually went the default formation to as 4-3-3 doesnt seem to work with CSKA in every game compared to my abandoned Udinese :pac:... so big man and little man up front from now on!

Slight exaggeration there man, he's only 6ft 8! :pac: Have to rethink things definitely, the default Birmingham setup is far too restrictive - still, 17 games left to get it right! :D

Gameweek 1

Sunderland(bigred100) 0-0 Rubin Kazan(Desire.)

Starting off the same way I began last season, drawing.

Good game mate! Thought I was going to score in the 88th minute, got excited, forgot about manual, and hit it out for a throw-in. :o

Yeah I saw that one, I couldnt help but laugh

When can you play Adam?

• Advertisement

Desire. wrote: »
    When can you play Adam?

Hey sorry been a bit busy this week. I should be around most of tomorrow. Heading out tonight so should be up by tomorrow afternoon :D

Sorry

Advertisement