Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Working Holiday Australia

Options
  • 02-07-2011 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

delete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I would like to spend 1 more year in Australia. But I have already finished my 1st year and am in New Zealand. I want to earn this Visa fairly -as I've heard lots of stories about people using fake information and getting busted. I don't want to do that..
    So, I could apply for a work Visa.. the point system looks good. But this costs about $8,000 AUSD. Please correct me if I am wrong. -I can't afford this.
    I could just get a holiday visa, and work cash in hand...-but although you would still make good money. I want to get a legit job. One that will be good work experience to me in the future. (in healthcare)
    My question -If I do the Wwoofing on a holiday visa, will this be ok to apply for the second year? I don't want to do all that and fail!! Please help if you have any ideas for me!
    Very much appreciated! :)

No you would be deported for breaking the conditions of your holiday visa.

Sorry IMO unless you have completed the requirements for the second year WHV during the first you cannot get a Second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I would like to spend 1 more year in Australia. But I have already finished my 1st year and am in New Zealand. I want to earn this Visa fairly -as I've heard lots of stories about people using fake information and getting busted. I don't want to do that..
    So, I could apply for a work Visa.. the point system looks good. But this costs about $8,000 AUSD. Please correct me if I am wrong. -I can't afford this.
    I could just get a holiday visa, and work cash in hand...-but although you would still make good money. I want to get a legit job. One that will be good work experience to me in the future. (in healthcare)
    My question -If I do the Wwoofing on a holiday visa, will this be ok to apply for the second year? I don't want to do all that and fail!! Please help if you have any ideas for me!
    Very much appreciated! :)

Mod No illegal visa talk at all.

Firstly your post makes no sense, where did you get 8k for a visa?
    and you can't apply for the 2nd visa, as you have not completed the 2nd year criteria, which you had a year to do ....

I'm on the verge of closing this thread, as there is not much to say, you had a year to get the 2nd visa, you didn't, and now you want a 'legit' way. As Zambia said you cannot work for free - and this certainly can't count towards your 2nd year visa (as this option is gone)

The only legit way is to send off your CV and hope for sponsorship, or else apply for PR (2.5k not 8) and wait a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

hussey wrote: »
    Firstly your post makes no sense, where did you get 8k for a visa?

Think OP is talking about a General skill migration visa, $8K which is the ball park all in price for GSM PR if using an agent.

$2.5K is only the visa fee, add another $1k for the skills, X-Ray, Meds, PPC, Postage, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LadySunshine

delete

Advertisement