Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship in Hospitality

Options
  • 02-07-2011 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭

Hello guys, ive been following boards.ie for a long time now and I need some help on this. I want to know if its possible to get sponsored in hospitality in Australia? Ive been living here the last 6 months working as a laborer but I'm fairly tired of it at this stage.

I have 6 years bar expierence and I really love the work and was wondering if the was any chance of me getting sponsored in a barperson/managment role? I know chefs can get sponsored but I havent come across any information about bartenders/managers. Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

This is the list of occupations for sponsorship. If your jobs not on it you can't get sponsored:
    http://www.acacia-au.com/tbe.php

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

endainoz wrote: »
    Hello guys, ive been following boards.ie for a long time now and I need some help on this. I want to know if its possible to get sponsored in hospitality in Australia? Ive been living here the last 6 months working as a laborer but I'm fairly tired of it at this stage.

I have 6 years bar expierence and I really love the work and was wondering if the was any chance of me getting sponsored in a barperson/managment role? I know chefs can get sponsored but I havent come across any information about bartenders/managers. Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hey mate, I'm in the industry myself. Still in Ireland at the moment but myself and the girlfriend are heading to Melbourne in November. Now I've looked into state and employer sponsorship in Australia for those of us in the hospitality business.

For state sponsorship hospitality management of any sort isn't on there the list of occupations they are looking for. However in regards to employer sponsorship (the subclass 457 visa) 'Licensed Club Manager', 'Hotel or Motel Manager', 'Cafe and Restaurant Manager', 'Cook' and 'Chef' are all on the list, so if it is sponsorship you are after these are the avenues you must look into.

The list of occupations is here http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2011L00246

Now there are way more people on this site who are more knowledgeable regarding visa info, so you should look at these threads to gain a better understanding of the whole visa process. But like I said the employer sponsorship route is the only way you can go if you are in the bar business.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056170937

Advertisement