Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The village" student accomodation UCC

Options
  • 02-07-2011 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey, Im hoping to go to UCC this year to study early years and childhood studies. Im thinking of booking "the village" for my accommodation.
    Can anyone tell me what its like? are there many first years? Atmosphere?
    Many girls there? or boys? Is it all UCC people that tend to go there or is it mixed?
    Any info on the place would be much appreciated! :):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

Yes, alot of UCCers go there, they make up the majority I would imagine. Apartments arent mixed sex, and usually first years are put together. The apartments arent the fanciest going but come with a lot of handy extras to make up for it, free chorus, dvd player, computer room etc etc. Good atmosphere, should prob warn you about Gerry, hes the security man/gatekeeper. Hes grand and friendly, would talk da hind legs off a donkey but he does crack down around rag week or big nights out such as halloween or christmas and wont let visitors in which will be a big pain at the time! Other than those times, the Village is fairly laid back, close to everything and generally a good place to live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Diana21x

Yes, alot of UCCers go there, they make up the majority I would imagine. Apartments arent mixed sex, and usually first years are put together. The apartments arent the fanciest going but come with a lot of handy extras to make up for it, free chorus, dvd player, computer room etc etc. Good atmosphere, should prob warn you about Gerry, hes the security man/gatekeeper. Hes grand and friendly, would talk da hind legs off a donkey but he does crack down around rag week or big nights out such as halloween or christmas and wont let visitors in which will be a big pain at the time! Other than those times, the Village is fairly laid back, close to everything and generally a good place to live!

Nice one! :) thanks for the advice, going to put my deposit down on it monday :)

Advertisement