Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find All Post By??? Time?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 6:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story with this is??

Noticed that since the introduction of the new boards search, if I search posts in my profile, they are not available to view in "find all posts by Hank_Jones" for a certain amount of time, usually 10/20 mins+.

This seems to have changed somewhat for me recently though....might be a bit of a glitch or something.
    Things I have posted as late as yesterday aren't showing up in my "find all posts by Hank_Jones".

Hoping somebody could shed some light on this as I was hoping this would get quicker with the new search engine, not much, much, much slower.
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I am having the same problem, no posts I've made yesterday after 16:50 have shown up on my all posts by later10 tab, which is what I usually use to follow up on threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

None of my posts from the last 2 days show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

the new search just does not work properly.

Are you guys working on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hasn't worked probably for the last three days

Was fine before that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yep, there seems to be a lag of a few days for new posts to show up (if at all). I noticed this happening from around Thursday / Friday last.

Is there some background daemon that indexes the posts that's crashing, perhaps?

• Advertisement

Minse seems to be working fine again now...

Nope, still having problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

There was a bit of a meltdown at the start of the weekend, didn't catch it until yesterday afternoon, but should be mostly up to speed now.

Still missing the last three days' worth for me (the postcount total is correct, but when searching, it's missing 7 posts or so).

Still only showing upto last Friday for me - it's very hard to find threads that I've posted in (to follow up on them) without this tool :(

Over a week now....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yakuza wrote: »
    Over a week now....

Clear your cache, cookies, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Clear your cache, cookies, etc?
    no it's not just him. when i search for his posts, i just get the ones before last friday, but when i search myself, it shows up my more posts up to my most recent. probably an issue to raise in Site Dev...his recent posts aren't showing up in the search but other posters are

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

In the mean time I suggest subscribing to threads you post in, with no email notification, you can then have them in a nice little list in usercp and can go to the last post you read easily.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

whiteman19 wrote: »
    no it's not just him. when i search for his posts, i just get the ones before last friday, but when i search myself, it shows up my more posts up to my most recent. probably an issue to raise in Site Dev...his recent posts aren't showing up in the search but other posters are

Ah, fair enough. That is strange.

Apologies, Yakuza. Maybe Site Dev. will get you an answer sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Sorry about that, everything should be showing up properly now.

There are a couple of different forums which are excluded from search results at the moment (for a variety of reasons, mostly to do with search quality), but I think we'll be finding a way to re-include them soon as it turns out there is the unpleasant side effect of making it look like the "find more posts" function doesn't work properly.

If there's some other way in which you think search is broken, or if you can give me examples of searches and what you think *should* be showing up instead, I'll be able to see where the problems are.

Thanks for your patience on this!

Cheers, Ross - it seems to be working fine now, albeit it looks like there's a hole in my posting history of about a week. However you've answered a question I was going to ask; that some forums are excluded from searching (as most of my posts during the last week were in Feedback :))

@Tar - thanks for the tip. I'd almost forgotten you can subscribe to threads :), I only use the My Forums functionality

@Insect - I'd pretty much ruled out caching issues as I'd tried it on multiple browsers on multiple devices (PCs, iPad, iPhone) from several locations in two countries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

My posts for the last couple of days aren't showing up for some reason (in my "find all posts by", not just in general).

Mine too - across a variety of forums (Economics, Politics, Legal Discussion and After Hours). Nothing showing up since Thursday, although they had previously appeared there.

Strangely enough the thanked posts appear under the 'thanked posts' section, unaffected.

Advertisement